- Plan A Visit
- Rides & Slides
- Buy Tickets
The search is on for Travel Channel's "Super Fan Family"
12 April 2012 - 5:01am
Let's cut to the chase - this is the biggest contest and casting call we've ever held!
The winners get to star in the Mammoth episode of Travel Channel's Extreme Water Parks.
Other stuff, too. Season passes, cabana, HoliCash, Mammoth towels and shirts, overnights in one of the new Rudolph's Christmas Cabins at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort.
What's not to love? Well, not everyone would love being shown on world-wide television soaking wet in their swimsuits, but if you're okay with that, read on ...
Our Mammoth water coaster opens in May and the Travel Channel is coming to film the first riders experiencing this record-breaking ride.
While setting up this shoot a few months ago, the producers kept asking me, "Who are your super fans?"
Our super fans? Good question.
We hear from lots of families who've been visiting us for years. Generations, even. Huge fans.
And we hear from those who are particularly excited about Mammoth, since it's the world's longest water coaster. They already love Wildebeest and can't wait to try Mammoth's round boats, since you could end up riding forward, backwards or even sideways at any given time. Plus there's that 45-degree drop.
We also hear from the roller coaster enthusiasts who've caught wind that there will be air time on Mammoth. 'Nuff said.
Here's a photo of a recent test. Don't those dummies look happy - even without heads and limbs?
We have so many super fans. But who's the most super?
You tell us. On video, please.
Here's what we're looking for:
- Our Super Fan Family needs to enthusiastically "prove" to us on video that they have more Mammoth love for our new water coaster than anyone else;
- A family can be any combination of at least four (and up to six) folks who want to ride Mammoth on camera for the Travel Channel on Saturday, May 12;
- You don't have to be blood relatives, but please be good enough friends that you consider one another to be "like family";
- Mammoth riders must be at least 42 inches tall;
- At least one of the Super Fan Family members must be at least 21 years old; any minors must have signed permission from their parents/guardians to participate if chosen;
- Our Super Fan Family must commit to take part in our Travel Channel shoot on Saturday, May 12, 2012 and ride Mammoth and possibly other water rides in Holiday World & Splashin' Safari.
Still interested? Here are the rules:
- Videos must be no longer than 60 seconds long;
- Videos must include your entire Super Fan Family (at least four and up to six persons; minimum height of 42"; multi-generations prefered, with at least one "family" member 21 years or older);
- Post your video on YouTube or another video-sharing site no later than 12 noon CDT on Friday, April 27, 2012, and email us the link, along with your Super Fan Family members' names, ages, and addresses;
- Sorry, employees of Holiday World & Splashin' Safari and our vendors are not eligible (no immediate relatives, either);
- Your Super Fan Family must include at least four (and up to six) persons, each of whom is available (and willing) to ride Mammoth on camera (in swimsuits) repeatedly for the Travel Channel on Saturday, May 12;
- Producers for the Travel Channel's Extreme Water Parks will choose our Super Fan Family - their decision is final. They may wish to interview candidates via email, telephone, and/or Skype prior to making their decision. Please note members of the winning Super Fan Family will be required to sign an Appearance Release; there will be no financial compensation for appearing on the Travel Channel or any related publicity or promotion.
Here's what we're offering our Super Fan Family:
- Opportunity to appear in the Mammoth episode of Travel Channel's Extreme Water Parks;
- 2012 Season Passes for all (up to six) members of your Super Fan Family;
- Bahari River Cabana use for one day of your choice during the 2012 season;
- Overnights for your Super Fan Family in one of Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort's new Rudolph's Christmas Cabins on May 11 and 12;
- Mammoth beach towels and shirts for your Super Fan Family;
- $20 HoliCash wristband for each of the six members of your Super Fan Family.
If you don't win Super Fan Family status, but we're crazy about your video, you could still be chosen to attend the shoot, possibly appear on Extreme Water Parks, definitely get lots of rides on Mammoth, and receive free one-day tickets to return for another visit in 2012.
Don't have access to a video camera? No worries. You can also send us a current photo of your Super Fan Family along with the script you would have used if you could have made a video (no more than 165 words).
We're looking forward to passing along a bunch of entertaining videos to the producers of Travel Channel's Extreme Water Parks.
Any questions? Please post them here; chances are, others are wondering the same thing.