- Plan A Visit
- Rides & Slides
- Buy Tickets
20 September 2013 - 6:39pm
Remember yesterday's post about Lauren's meeting with the spiders?
Well, apparently they were just consultants, not workers.
Poor Michael was challenged with spinning his own web.
... and then somehow moving it from ground level up into the sky.
A bit of rain didn't get him down.
Michael spun a little magic and, with the help of a ladder ... success!
Michael and Lauren are two of many dozens of our Halloween elves who've been decorating the park for weeks.
We are trans- formed!
With ghosts and pumpkins a-plenty through- out the park, it will be nearly impos- sible not to catch the spirit.
Our Hallow- een isn't filled with horror, but with laughter and fun and maybe just an occasional squeak of surprise.
We hope you'll join us!
But first, we know there are lots of questions. We'll answer them here:
Q: When do Happy Halloween Weekends take place?
A: Saturdays and Sundays from September 21 through October 27.
Q: What are your hours?
A: Saturdays from 11am to 8pm CDT (bonus: after-dark rides on our coasters) and Sundays from 11am to 6pm CDT.
Q: Best prices for tickets?
A: Save time and money by purchasing discounted Happy Halloween Weekends tickets online for just $24.95 (and $17.95 for Guests-under-54" and Seniors, 60+).
Q: I have a 2013 Season Pass - will that get me in?
Q: Do you have Halloween shows?
A: We have quite an assortment (download a show schedule here):
- Graveyard Smash - singing (and dancing) zombies perform familiar tunes with somewhat unfamiliar lyrics
- Don Baggett's Wild & Wacky Halloween Magic Show
- Kitty Claws' Dance Party
- Halloween Laser Light Show (Saturdays only)
- New! Gourdon's Tales from the Patch
- Chainsaw Willy Carvin' in the Park
Isn't Gourdon cute?
Q: What else? And what do they cost?
A: Lots more! And no extra charge:
- Corn mazes
- New! Mummy's Treasure Maze
- Holidog's 3D Halloween Adventure
- Hay rides
- Trick-or-treat trail, hay-bale maze and pedal tractor rides (ages 12 and younger)
Our corn maze features Kitty Claws this year:
Here's a look at the crazy "cage maze" in the center of our new Mummy's Treasure Maze, which is in the Good Old Days Picnic Grove in our 4th of July section.
Q: Will any rides be open?
A: Yes, nearly all the rides will be open, weather dependent, with the following exceptions:
- Dancer's Thunder Bumpers Jr. are closed for the season
- The Legend will be closed after October 13
- Raging Rapids will be closed in October (but open in September)
Q: Anything else?
A: Our Halloween Activity Trail includes a few items which have an extra cost:
- Airbrush Tattoo (large, $5) they last up to a week if you take good care of them
- Airbrush Tattoo (small, $3)
- Face Painting (large, $5)
- Face Painting (small, $3)
- Glitter Tattoo ($5)
- Cookie Decorating ($3)
- Candy Bar Wheel ($1)
Q: Any special Halloween treats?
A: Here are just a few of the menu items we've added to our restaurants:
- Pumpkin Funnel Cakes
- Butter Pecan Milkshakes
- Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Roasted Corn on the Cob
- Elephant Ears
- Apple Cider
- Spookies and Cream Dippin' Dots
- Chicken Nuggets in Halloween shapes
- Blackberry Cobbler
- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Broccoli and Cheese Soup
Be sure to pick up a map and show guide when you arrive to catch the show schedule and the list of food treats.
We hope you'll join us in our fun celebration of Halloween!