This downloadable Accessiblity Guide was compiled with the assistance of the Easter Seals Rehabilitation Center of Evansville, Indiana, in an effort to assist Guests in choosing rides during their visit to Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari. Please note: All Guests should be aware that, although remote, there is always the possibility that an emergency situation could occur which would necessitate evacuation from a ride or ride area. These occasions are rare; however Guests should be aware of this and exercise good judgment before boarding Holiday World’s rides.
The Management at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari reserves the right to refuse to allow any Guest access to a ride which Management deems unsafe for the individual. Please observe all caution signs before entering ride queues.
Safety is designed into all areas of Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari. While most of our rides are accessible to those with disabilities, it should be noted that, in the interest of personal safety, some Guests may not be permitted to board certain rides.
Access criteria is based on any Guest’s ability to:
- utilize all safety devices and restraints;
- meet height restrictions;
- maintain proper riding posture throughout the course of the ride; and
- safely evacuate the ride, if needed.
- Accessibility Guide: Our downloadable Accessibility Guide is designed to assist Guests in choosing rides during their visit to Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari.
- First Aid: The First Aid Station is located at the entrance of Splashin’ Safari.
- Parking: Convenient free parking for Guests with disabilities is available near the Front Gate and at the east end of the Legend Parking Lot on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Restaurants & Gift Shops: All Restaurants and Gift Shops in Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari are wheelchair accessible. Check a park map for locations.
- Restrooms: Restrooms accessible to Guests who use wheelchairs are available throughout both parks. There are four Family Restrooms in Splashin’ Safari: next to Safari Sam’s SplashLand, near Giraffica, between Bahari Wave Pool and Bahari River, and between The Wave and Monsoon Lagoon. The restrooms in the Legend Parking Lot also include Family Restrooms.
- Safety Restraints: Unless otherwise indicated in the Accessibility Guide, all rides in Holiday World have seat belts or other safety restraints.
- (no) Smoking: For everyone’s comfort and safety, smoking is permitted only in the parks’ five designated Smoking Areas. There is a Smoking Area in each of the four themed sections in Holiday World, plus a Smoking Area near each of the two wave pools in Splashin’ Safari.
- Theaters: Holiday World has 3 theaters: Santa’s Storytime Theater in the Christmas section, Hoosier Celebration Theater in the Fourth of July section, and the Aqua Stadium in the Halloween section. Wheelchairs can be accommodated in all theaters. Check a park map for theater locations and show times.
- Questions or Comments? Send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-463-2645.
Holiday World Ride Boarding Pass
If a member of your party is unable to stand in the ride queues (lines) due to a disability, you are welcome to stop by In-Park Services inside the Front Gate to request a Holiday World Ride Boarding Pass.
Any member of your party may take the Holiday World Ride Boarding Pass to the ride exit at The Voyage, The Raven, The Legend, Scarecrow Scrambler, Liberty Launch, Sparkler, or Rough Riders Bumper Cars (the other Holiday World rides do not require a boarding time), and request a boarding time. Giraffica, Wildebeest and Mammoth in Splashin’ Safari also require boarding times. Please alert the ride operator, when you arrive at the ride exit gate, by holding up your Ride Boarding Pass. The ride boarding time is based on the approximate length of the line at the time of the request. The ride operator will record the ride time on the Holiday World Ride Boarding Pass. The party may then leave the ride and return at the appropriate time.
When it is time to ride, the Holiday World Ride Boarding Pass holder may be accompanied by up to three (3) accompanying Guests. One or more of the accompanying Guests must be physically able to assist the Ride Boarding Pass holder on and off the ride, if help is required. Ease of boarding rides varies and must be taken into consideration when deciding which rides to ride. Most rides will require that a Guest with a physical disability be lifted onto and off the ride.
Only one ride time may be acquired at a time. Rides not listed on the Holiday World Ride Boarding Pass may be ridden while the party is waiting for an assigned time. The rides not listed on the Holiday World Ride Boarding Pass tend to have shorter lines; the ride operator will let the Holiday World Ride Boarding Pass holder know when it is time to ride, usually within a few ride cycles.
The Holiday World Ride Boarding Pass holder must ride in order for the accompanying Guests to gain access to the ride through its exit. If the party is larger than four persons, the other members of the party are asked to wait in the queue and then the entire party may ride together when they reach the front of the line. Please be sure the ride operator is aware that this is your intent if you plan to ride with the rest of your party this way.
With the exception of Giraffica, Wildebeest and Mammoth, the Holiday World Ride Boarding Pass does not apply to Splashin’ Safari water slides, since the “exit” is the bottom of the slide. There are a number of water attractions … Safari Sam’s SplashLand, The Wave, Bahari Wave, Monsoon Lagoon, Hyena Springs … that require little or no wait.
Questions or Comments? Send emails to email@example.com or call 1-877-463-2645.