Q: I’m planning a trip to Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari – what do I need to know?
A: Please read through these basics:
- Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari have a pay-one-price admission, which entitles Guests to ride all the rides (except where safety regulations impose height and/or weight restrictions) and see all the shows and attractions in operation during the day of admission. Age verification may be requested. Prices and schedules are subject to change without notice; no refunds.
- Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari do not have “adult” and “child” tickets. Instead, children two and under are free, and paid admissions are divided into the following categories: General Admission, Guests-under-54-inches, and Seniors (60+). Guests who are close to 54-inches in height will be measured with their shoes on at the front gate to determine which ticket they should purchase.
- We accept MasterCard, Visa, and Discover. Oh, and cash.
- Automated teller machines (ATMs) are located in Holiday World’s Admissions area (to the north of the ticket booths) and in Splashin’ Safari (next to Trader Nick’s Gift Shop).
- Be sure to have your wrist stamped at the Front Gate as you leave if you wish to return to the park that day.
- Parking is always free. Cars, campers, and other vehicles may not be left overnight in the parking lots. No distribution of unapproved literature, or any other type of solicitation on park property, including the parking lots.
- There are four Family Restrooms locations in Splashin’ Safari: 1) next to Safari Sam’s SplashLand; 2) between Bahari Wave Pool and Bahari River, 3) between the Wave and Monsoon Lagoon, and 4) next to Hyena Falls.
- In 2014, double strollers ($15), wagons ($7), wheelchairs ($7) and scooters ($39.99) are available for all-day rental on a first-come, first-served basis (beginning at 9:00 am CDT on most days) at St. Nick’s General Store, just inside the front gate. Wagons are for children only (maximum weight 75 pounds); absolutely no adults in wagons. The maximum weight limit on the scooters is 250 pounds.
- Please bring your own beach towels or plan to purchase them at one of our gift shops.
- Splashin’ Safari is now open for the season! The average water temperature is 78° (updated 7/30/14).
Q: Free stuff? Really?
A: Yes, really! Here’s the list:
- Free soft drinks are available throughout both parks all day, every day.
- Free sunscreen (Ocean Potion Sport, 30 SPF) kiosks are located in front of the restroom buildings in Splashin’ Safari and by the west steps of Holiday Theater in Christmas, in Holidog’s FunTown, and next to Indian River by The Alamo in Holiday World.
- Free parking
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free use of inner tubes
Q: Do you have Cabanas in Splashin’ Safari?
A: Indeed we do:
- Click here for Splashin’ Safari Cabana information, including a map
- Reserve your cabana online or by phone (toll free: 800-467-2682) up to 60 days before your visit
- Daily Cabana rental in 2014 is $125, tax included
Q: When can we see fireworks?
A: Lots of choice this year:
- In 2014, join us for a fireworks extravaganza at closing (9pm CDT) on Independence Day, Friday, July 4!
- New in 2014 – Friday Night Fireworks – at closing (9pm CDT), as we celebrate the start of the weekend. Friday Night Fireworks run from June 13 through August 1, 2014.
- The best place to watch? The fireworks are launched just north of the park – so head into Thanksgiving and up toward Hyena Falls for the best view.
Q:What else do I need to know?
A: Check out these other places before your visit:
- Holiday World Insider Tips
- Holiday World Rules & Services
- For past visitors’ opinions, post a question on our Facebook page
Q: So what happens if it rains during my visit?
A: Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari do not close in bad weather; the rides continue to operate in the rain. If lightning, high winds and/or other extreme weather issues occur in the immediate area, some or all of the rides in both parks will temporarily shut down, and will reopen as soon as it is safe to do so. We encourage your family to wait out the storm and enjoy the rest of your day with us.
- Weather Warranty for days both parks are open: If a storm causes our rides to be shut down for at least an hour (and it’s at least one hour before Splashin’ Safari’s scheduled closing time) and you prefer to leave for the day before we begin to reopen rides, you are welcome to stop by Guest Relations to sign up for a free return visit in 2014.
- Weather Warranty for days when only Holiday World is open: If a storm causes our rides to be shut down for at least an hour (and it’s at least two hours before Holiday World’s scheduled closing time) and you prefer to leave for the day before we begin to reopen rides, you are welcome to stop by Guest Relations to sign up for a free return visit in 2014.
- Please note: Weather Warranty sign-up is only available before rides reopen on the day of the storm; it is not valid for Season Pass and Summer Fun Card holders.
Q: Gotta sing, gotta dance! When are auditions for your shows?
A: Auditions for our 2014 musical shows were held here at the park on Saturday, February 8.