Please read through this list of Rules & Services (plus our Insider Tips and FAQs) we have in place to keep Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari safe and fun for our Guests:
At Admissions, trained personnel will inspect all bags, backpacks, strollers and wagons. As always, absolutely no weapons, alcohol, food or beverages may be brought into the park. (The only exception is baby food.) Please do not bring any of these items to our Front Gate area, as you will be asked to either return them to your vehicle or throw them away before entering the park. Thank you, in advance, for your cooperation.
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari are family parks. Foul language and unruly behavior will not be tolerated. No alcohol, weapons, knives or firearms allowed on premises. No running, spitting, or throwing of objects permitted. Clothing or body art which Holiday World determines is rude, vulgar or contains inflammatory language or graphics is not permitted. No solicitation or unapproved distribution of literature on park property.
Each Guest must comply with the Rider Responsibility code as mandated by the State of Indiana.
Please remember that items in pockets are considered “loose items” that could injure you or another rider; secure all loose items (including cell phones, cameras and hats) before riding.
Line jumping is not allowed under any circumstances. Line jumping is defined as cutting in line or leaving line and trying to re-enter for any reason. If a member of your party leaves the ride line for any reason (including getting a soft drink or using the restroom) the rest of the party may not “hold” his or her place. Instead, the person who left the line must go to the end of the line.
Cameras and Cell Phones on Rides
Cameras of any size or type are only permitted on the following six rides: Holidog Express, Doggone Trail, Star Spangled Carousel, Gobbler Getaway, Prancer’s Merry-Go-Round, and The Lewis & Clark Trail. Absolutely no cameras are allowed on any of the other rides (even when the camera is secured in a pocket or fanny pack). For everyone’s safety, cell phone use is not permitted on rides.
At Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari, we receive hundreds of charitable-donation requests each month and are happy to help with fundraisers for non-profit organizations by donating two one-day tickets as raffle, silent auction or auction items.
Please read the following guidelines carefully; if your organization fits the criteria, you are welcome to email us a request for consideration:
- Requests must be from non-profit organizations and charities holding fundraisers and planning for tickets to be used as raffle, silent auction, or auction items.
- All requests must be typed on the non-profit organization’s official letterhead, scanned, and emailed to us at email@example.com at least one month before the fundraising event. No phone calls, please.
- Please include date and location of the fundraising event, along with the contact person’s name and email address. If the request fits our guidelines, tickets will be mailed to the organization’s business address.
- If a for-profit business is conducting a fundraiser to benefit a charity, the emailed request must include two letters: one from the business plus a second letter from the charity.
- We do not donate to individuals or to for-profit organizations. Requests that do not meet the above guidelines will not be processed. Sorry, but due to the large volume of requests we receive, we are not able to call or email our regrets if your request does not meet our guidelines.
Shoes, shirts and shorts are required for admission to Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari (even for Guests wishing to use only the water park). Bikini swimsuit tops (or bikini-style or midriff-baring tops) must be covered by a shirt (or cover-up that is not see-through) when worn in Holiday World. Clothing or body art which Holiday World determines is rude, vulgar or contains inflammatory language or graphics is not permitted. “Heelys” and “Rollies”-style shoes not permitted; wheels must be retracted or removed from shoes.
To participate at Splashin’ Safari, swimwear or shorts and shirts may be worn and must be modest in design. No revealing (such as “cheekster” bikini bottoms or thongs) swimwear allowed. Clothing or body art which Holiday World determines is rude, vulgar or contains inflammatory language or graphics is not permitted. Swim shoes, sandals, and aqua socks are allowed (and encouraged if your feet are sensitive) on the water slides. Children in diapers must wear swim diapers (available in our shops). Guests must change into street clothes (shoes, shorts and shirts) before returning to Holiday World. Showers and changing rooms are provided and rental lockers are available.
The parks’ red-roofed First Aid building is located in the entry plaza at Splashin’ Safari and may also be accessed from the Thanksgiving bridge.
Please look at our Food, Snacks, and Restaurants page to see a list of menus and food prices at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari, including our Food Allergen Friendly menu. No food, drinks, or coolers may be brought into the parks. (The only exception is baby food and formula.) The Lakeside Picnic Shelter (which is entered from the parking lot) is available to Guests wishing to bring picnic lunches and/or snacks (grills are not provided nor may guests bring their own). The Lakeside Picnic Shelter is available on a first-come basis and may not be reserved. Absolutely no alcoholic beverages may be consumed or brought onto Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari property.
Guests with Disabilities
A park Accessibility Guide is available online and in printed form. Wheelchairs, adult chairs, child strollers, wagons and electric scooters are available to rent for the day on a first come, first-served basis.
For the Health & Safety of all Guests
- Please do not swim when you have diarrhea (this is especially important for children in diapers).
- Please don’t swallow the pool and spray fountain water.
- Please wash your hands after using the restroom or changing diapers.
- Please take your children on bathroom breaks and check diapers often.
- Please change diapers in restrooms only, never at poolside or restaurant tables.
- Please clean your child thoroughly (especially the rear end) before swimming.
Please note: According to the Epilepsy Foundation, seizures in photosensitive people may be triggered by sunlight, especially when shimmering off water. This could occur for the first time in a water park; if so, cover one eye (either one) with one hand until the stimulus is over. Closing both eyes or turning eyes in another direction will not help. For more information, look here on the Epilepsy Foundation’s website.
For the safety of our Guests, height and weight restrictions are strictly enforced on all applicable rides and attractions. Guests are carefully measured with shoes on at Holiday World and with shoes off at Splashin’ Safari. (Please note that the Guest’s feet, including the heels, must be flat on the ground when measured, and the top of the head – not hair – is measured.) A Height Measurement Station is located in each park (across from the Applause Fountain in Holiday World and across from Monsoon Lagoon in Splashin’ Safari) if you’d like your child to wear a height wristband during the day. Click here to see a complete list of our Height and Weight Limits.
HoliCash Gift Cards & Wristbands
HoliCash swipe cards may be used toward tickets, food and souvenirs at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari. Here is more information about HoliCash cards and wristbands.
Splashin’ Safari is staffed by certified lifeguards.
Lifejackets are available at no charge on a first-come, first-served basis. Smaller sizes are available for children weighing up to 90 pounds; the medium adult size is for chests measuring 37-40″; the large adult life vest fits chests measuring 40-43″. Bins containing these life jackets are located at both wave pools in Splashin’ Safari. You are also welcome to bring your own lifejackets and/or water wings or puddle jumpers. No other floatation devices are permitted.
All-day lockers are available on a first-come, first-served basis in Splashin’ Safari and near Holiday World’s front gate. These keyless lockers come in two sizes: Regular (12″ x 13″ x 16.9″) for $10 and Large for (15″ x 22.3″ x 16.9″) for $15. Instead of a key, you will receive up to four latex-free wristbands, which will scan to open your lockers throughout the day (just throw them out at the end of your visit – there’s no deposit). You’ll have access to your lockers in the Splashin’ Safari plaza throughout Holiday World’s hours of operation. Please check this HoliBlog post for a video to show you exactly how it works!
Lost & Found
If you misplace an item during your visit, check at Lost & Found (located at In-Park Services at Holiday World and Locker Rental in Splashin’ Safari) before leaving to fill out a Lost & Found Report. We will contact you if your item is found. If you realize you left an item behind after your visit, please fill in our Lost and Found form to file a report. Before your visit, please plan ahead and leave irreplaceable items at home or label them with your contact information. During your visit, observe signage directing you to secure all loose items before riding. Be sure to contact us with Lost & Found information within two weeks of your visit as items are relinquished on a regular basis. We do not save items such as socks and underwear, personal baby items (such as bottles, pacifiers and sippy cups), unmarked film canisters, unmarked disposable cameras, personal toiletry items, and hair accessories.
Please note: Holiday World is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
In 2014, be sure to purchase your Next-Day Tickets for $27 each before leaving the park on your first day. To save time, purchase your Next Day tickets at the same time you buy your First Day tickets.
You are welcome to enjoy the air-conditioned comfort of our Nursing Mothers’ Room. It is located next to our First Aid facilities (the red-roofed building in the entry plaza at Splashin’ Safari, and is also accessible from the Thanksgiving bridge).
“Parent Swap” on Rides
Parents who wish to enjoy rides that their children aren’t ready to ride may use our Parent Swap option.
- In most cases, both parents should wait in line with the child. One parent will ride while the other stays with the child (in the queue), then the two parents will “swap”; the parent who rode first will wait in the exit with the child while the other parent rides.
- In some cases, the parents might have a stroller or a younger child who cannot wait in line. If this is the case, one parent should wait in line while the other waits with the child at the exit gate.
- An additional child who is tall enough to ride may choose to ride with both parents if there is a seat available and safety standards are met, such as balance and passenger weight limits. Please note: Rides with a Single Riders Line (Liberty Launch, Wildebeest, and Mammoth) will not typically have a seat available for a child to ride twice (once with each parent) during a Parent Swap.
Pets & Kennels
In 2014, guests have the choice of an air-conditioned kennel or an outdoor kennel. The fee for the indoor, air-conditioned kennel is $20 per day; the fee is $10 for the outdoor kennel; there is a $5 charge per additional pet housed in the same kennel. Additionally:
- Space in both kennels is available on a first-come, first-served basis (sorry, we do not take reservations), during regular park hours only.
- Be sure to bring your pet’s food (an attendant will keep pets watered during the day).
- It is the pet owner’s responsibility to walk the pet (please be sure to bring a leash for pet’s potty break).
- The individual kennels vary in size; the largest measure 46″ long x 23″ wide x 36″ high.
- Check-in is at Guest Relations.
- With the exception of Service Animals, pets are not permitted in the parks.
- Please note that pets must be on a leash, in a harness or in carriers to be allowed on trams in the parking lot.
Visiting with small children? If you’re carrying a cell phone during your visit, please pick up free Phone Find wristbands (at Wagon Rental, Holiday World’s new Height Station next to the Holiday Theater or In-Park Services) for them to wear. Simply print your cell-phone number on the wristband and instruct your child to go to a uniformed park employee if he or she gets separated from you. We’ll call you and get you and your child reunited.
Height and/or weight restrictions apply to a number of Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari rides and attractions. These restrictions are made for safety purposes and are strictly enforced.
We try very hard to have every ride open every day, however occasionally there are reasons a ride has to be closed for an entire day or longer, due to maintenance issues. If that is the case, we will post that information here and in our Admissions area. We apologize in advance and hope you’ll enjoy the many other rides we have to offer during your visit. Ride(s) Closed: Both parks are closed for the season.
Indiana Administrative Code Title 685 Section 1-2-4 requires the following of amusement device patrons: Patrons have a duty to not participate in or on any amusement ride, device or attraction when under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Patrons have a duty to properly use all ride or device safety equipment provided. At Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari, any Guest who tampers with a safety device (such as a lapbar or seatbelt) or in any way fails to follow posted or verbal safety instructions, will be required to leave the park without refund of admission price.
Rides at Closing
Please don’t wait until just before closing time to ride your favorite ride one last time. The lines at the more popular rides may close early so that everyone already in line gets to ride before (or shortly after) the park closes.
(Early) Season Pass & Summer Fun Card Processing
Bring your vouchers (and 2013 Season Pass, if you’re renewing) to get your passes and cards processed early. Stop by the Season Pass Photo Room during these times:
- April 5, 6, 12, or 13, 2014: 12-3pm CDT
- April 26 or 27, 2014: 4-6pm CDT
- May 3, 4, 10, or 11, 2014: 8:30-9am CDT
Holiday World and Splashin’ Safari are smoke-free parks. Smoking (including electronic cigarettes and similar devices) is only permitted in specially designated Smoking Areas located throughout the parks. There is one Smoking Area in each of Holiday World’s four holiday-themed sections, plus three Smoking Areas (one by each wave pool and the third just past the lockers) in Splashin’ Safari.