Rules about bidding and paying
- By bidding on an item, you are agreeing to a legally binding contract that, if you win the auction, you will pay for the item won, in full – by Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit card – within 24 hours.
- You must be at least 18 years old to bid.
- You can’t bid for an item, or use Holiday World’s Auction Service at all, if you have false contact information on your account.
- You must pay for any item you buy.
- Bidding is a lot of fun, but remember that each bid you make is a binding contract to buy the item if you win. The same is true for Buy It Now purchases. Not paying for an item after you have agreed to buy it has some negative consequences including the logging of your contact information, the removal of your user account and the blocking of further HolidayWorld.com user accounts for your name and email address(es).
- Be careful about bidding on a bunch of similar items if you only want one; if you are the winning bidder of more than one listing, you’re required to purchase all the items, even if they’re the same or similar.
- You can only retract a bid under very specific circumstances. For example, if you meant to bid $10 but bid $100 instead, you can contact us immediately. Even then, you’re required to immediately bid the amount you intended. Never use bid retraction to manipulate the bidding process. It’s unfair, and it has serious consequences.
- Make sure you read the item description before you bid. Any questions? Please email us.