As long as I’ve been here (nearly two decades), we’ve never had a contest to name a ride.
The cute (and colorful!) ride we’re adding to Rudolph’s Reindeer Ranch seemed like the right time to try one out.
Alrighty then. Please take a look and then read on for a few rules plus the deadline.
To begin with … our working name is Santa’s Sleigh Ride. It’s sort of grown on us, so you’ve got your work cut out for you to be exceptionally clever! (And yes, we reserve the right to use our name, so please don’t get mad if that’s how this ends up. And please don’t suggest it, either…)
- All entries must be sent to this email address no later than 10 am CDT on Friday, October 15, 2010.
- More than one entry is allowed, but please don’t go overboard.
- To enter, you must be 18 years or older. (A parent may enter on behalf of a child.)
- The winner will be announced next week. The prize is four one-day tickets for the 2011 season. Judges’ decision is final. Only one winner will be chosen, since we only need one name.
- Employees of Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari and their immediate family members are not eligible to win, so please don’t enter.
- If we receive more than one entry suggesting the same name (and choose that name), the entry received first (as time-stamped on the entry email) will win.
- Need more info about the ride? There’s a webpage for that.