Holiday World may be the only theme park in the world with Abraham Lincoln’s signature on permanent display.
The “O.V. Brown – Holiday World Lincoln Collection” contains a wide variety of artifacts from Abraham Lincoln’s life, particularly from the 14 years he spent growing up just a few miles away from what is now the town of Santa Claus, Indiana.
The 17 display cases, located adjacent to the Old Time Toy Display in the park’s Christmas section, chronologically detail specifics themes from Mr. Lincoln’s life. From books and tools to letters and clothing, this exhibit provides visitors with views of Lincoln from his pioneer boyhood to his final years as the nation’s 16th president.
The Lincoln Classroom exhibit includes such rare artifacts as:
- Lincoln handwriting, dating back to his days as a young student;
- Earliest known published image of Abraham Lincoln;
- Several presidential signatures;
- Cordial case owned by the Lincolns and used for entertaining at the White House;
- Mourning card acknowledging President Lincoln’s death, with mourning ribbon and Lincoln’s photograph; and
- Ceremonial pen used by President Kennedy to sign the bill creating the Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial in Lincoln City, Indiana, the state’s first national park.
The collection is also designed to be an educational tool for school groups. A “Lincoln Classroom” study guide is available to teachers when they place a group reservation.
This priceless collection was donated to Holiday World by local collector Mr. Ora V. Brown upon his death in 1966.
For more information, visit the parks’ website at www.HolidayWorld.com or call 1-877-463-2645.
Released: 12 February, 2011
Media contact: Paula Werne, email@example.com; 812-937-5209