By Paula @ Holiday World

Let's cut to the chase – this is the biggest contest and casting call we've ever held!

The winners get to star in the Mammoth episode of Travel Channel's Extreme Water Parks.

Other stuff, too. Season passes, cabana, HoliCash, Mammoth towels and shirts, overnights in one of the new Rudolph's Christmas Cabins at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort

What's not to love? Well, not everyone would love being shown on world-wide television soaking wet in their swimsuits, but if you're okay with that, read on …

Our Mammoth water coaster opens in May and the Travel Channel is coming to film the first riders experiencing this record-breaking ride.

While setting up this shoot a few months ago, the producers kept asking me, "Who are your super fans?"

Our super fans? Good question.

We hear from lots of families who've been visiting us for years. Generations, even. Huge fans.

And we hear from those who are particularly excited about Mammoth, since it's the world's longest water coaster. They already love Wildebeest and can't wait to try Mammoth's round boats, since you could end up riding forward, backwards or even sideways at any given time. Plus there's that 45-degree drop.

We also hear from the roller coaster enthusiasts who've caught wind that there will be air time on Mammoth. 'Nuff said.

Here's a photo of a recent test. Don't those dummies look happy – even without heads and limbs?

We have so many super fans. But who's the most super?

You tell us. On video, please.

Here's what we're looking for:

• Our Super Fan Family needs to enthusiastically "prove" to us on video that they have more Mammoth love for our new water coaster than anyone else;
  • A family can be any combination of at least four (and up to six) folks who want to ride Mammoth on camera for the Travel Channel on Saturday, May 12;
  • You don't have to be blood relatives, but please be good enough friends that you consider one another to be "like family";
  • Mammoth riders must be at least 42 inches tall;
  • At least one of the Super Fan Family members must be at least 21 years old; any minors must have signed permission from their parents/guardians to participate if chosen;
  • Our Super Fan Family must commit to take part in our Travel Channel shoot on Saturday, May 12, 2012 and ride Mammoth and possibly other water rides in Holiday World & Splashin' Safari.

Still interested? Here are the rules:

• Videos must be no longer than 60 seconds long;
  • Videos must include your entire Super Fan Family (at least four and up to six persons; minimum height of 42"; multi-generations prefered, with at least one "family" member 21 years or older);
  • Post your video on YouTube or another video-sharing site no later than 12 noon CDT on Friday, April 27, 2012, and email us the link, along with your Super Fan Family members' names, ages, and addresses;
  • Sorry, employees of Holiday World & Splashin' Safari and our vendors are not eligible (no immediate relatives, either);
  • Your Super Fan Family must include at least four (and up to six) persons, each of whom is available (and willing) to ride Mammoth on camera (in swimsuits) repeatedly for the Travel Channel on Saturday, May 12;
  • Producers for the Travel Channel's Extreme Water Parks will choose our Super Fan Family – their decision is final. They may wish to interview candidates via email, telephone, and/or Skype prior to making their decision. Please note members of the winning Super Fan Family will be required to sign an Appearance Release; there will be no financial compensation for appearing on the Travel Channel or any related publicity or promotion.

Here's what we're offering our Super Fan Family:

• Opportunity to appear in the Mammoth episode of Travel Channel's Extreme Water Parks;
  • 2012 Season Passes for all (up to six) members of your Super Fan Family;
  • Bahari River Cabana use for one day of your choice during the 2012 season;
  • Overnights for your Super Fan Family in one of Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort's new Rudolph's Christmas Cabins on May 11 and 12;
  • Mammoth beach towels and shirts for your Super Fan Family;
  • $20 HoliCash wristband for each of the six members of your Super Fan Family.

If you don't win Super Fan Family status, but we're crazy about your video, you could still be chosen to attend the shoot, possibly appear on Extreme Water Parks, definitely get lots of rides on Mammoth, and receive free one-day tickets to return for another visit in 2012.

Don't have access to a video camera? No worries. You can also send us a current photo of your Super Fan Family along with the script you would have used if you could have made a video (no more than 165 words).

We're looking forward to passing along a bunch of entertaining videos to the producers of Travel Channel's Extreme Water Parks.

Any questions? Please post them here; chances are, others are wondering the same thing.

Good luck!

20 Responses to “The search is on for Travel Channel’s “Super Fan Family””

1. Nav

Will the Mammoth be open to the public on Saturday, May 12th or will it be closed for the Travel Channel shoot?

2. Joyce Stilwell

This would be an Awesome Experience to Win something like this Because I Love The Travel Channel and Holiday World…

3. Patricia Henderson

Being a mother of four kiddo’s it is hard to spend time with them at a cheap price!! This would be a summer to remember for my kids and myself!!!! Well I am sure dad would like it too!!!!!

4. darla

I don’t think that I could possibly in 60 seconds show you how much that my SUPER FAN FAMILY loves Holiday World and all of its Rollercoasters and Water rides. There is no way. This family loves adventure and fast rides.

5. Sherrie Davis

It would be great to win something like this for my family! We have been going to the park for years and look forward to it everytime we go!

6. Julie Alsip

My husband and I were married four years ago. Our family has yet to take a family vacation together. I have heard great things about Holiday World and I stalk you site regularly. Our four children would be thrilled to go to your park. I would love to make your park our first family vacation memory…

7. Missie Cartwright

My family came to experience the wildebeast last summer for the first time. My screams were MAMMOTH! To say this my screams Yearn to scream on the MAMMOTH! I think we can I think we can I think we can!!!!!

8. Frances & Roger L.& D. Goforth

My husband & I would absolutely LOVE to be able to take our two Grandsons Evan 8, & Drew 6 to Holiday World to spend the day or even to be able to camp & spend an entire weekend there.

9. Angela Hemmings

My husband and I bring my daughter to Holiday World at least 5 times each summer. Every time there is a new ride we make sure to try it at least once. Ever has it been just once. You amaze us every year. We have only been married a little over 2 years and haven’t missed a summer yet. We are extremely excited to see what The Mammoth has in store for us. Keep up the great work on building the most extreme park ever. Thank you for the happiness you have brought to us time and time again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Angela Hemmings

My family and I visit every year at least 5 times. It’s me, my husband of 2 years, and my 9 year old daughter. We can’t possibly experience everything in 1 visit so we visit several times each summer. We are all extreme theme park patrons and you have the best one around. We look forward to see what The Mammoth has in store for us. Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. krista Arold

My fiance loves holiday world and has been going for as long as he can remember last year he took me for the first time and i loved it he was discharged from the army due to a back injury and usually cant stand for to long but he wanted me to enjoy a memory he shared with his family and i did .

12. Jennifer Parker

We absolutely LOVE holiday world. Season tickets are the best. We now have a 9 month old and are limite to what we can do. My husband and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to win a night or weekend and stay in one of these cabins and come to the park and bring our little boy for his first time ever this summer. Holiday world is awesom

13. margaret

Two familes were recently brought together as one…and made a group of 10…lol… we have gone to HW every year for many years…but this year may be a smidge harder…so I guess we will just have to win the contest to make it possible! :) Cannot WAIT to experience the Mammoth!!!

14. bonnie fisher

My family and i take our vacation to holiday world every year. We really enjoy the water rides there. As the older they get the better its getting. An this would be a great gradution gift for my daughter she is a senior and she has seizures but she made it through school and my sons would enjoy it to

15. CONNIE SIMPSON

ALWAYS A ADVENTURE TO COME TO HOLIDAY WORLD’ TO SEE FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO SEE WHAT THE NEW ATTRACTION WILL BE FOR THE YEAR, AND TO HAVE A ADVENTROUS DAY,EVERYONE COME JOIN THE FUN

16. Cynthia Flowerdew

We take our children, my neice and a neighborhood boy ( I wish I could take more kids who never get to go) to Holiday world every year at the end of the school year because they all work so hard on getting the best grades they can and taking them to Holiday World is a fantastic place to just let loose and have fun after working so hard for 9 months..We truely enjoy this theme park and look forward to going every may…THANK YOU HOLIDAY WORLD!!!

17. charlotte johnson

Unable to load super cute photo!, but is posted to your Facebook wall! Best vacation Ever!!! Please consider our pictures! Thanks :):)

18. melissa weaver

my son who is 4 and loves the park he has autism and would love to be able to come back but its expensive for his parents we all live in Bloomington Indiana with only one parent who works mom stays home with him i would love to bring him back this summer but with gas prices we just can’t afford it. I his mother used to come every year as i was growing up and loved it.

19. David Taylor

Kenzie Is Special Needs Child with Autism and this would great for her to do something cool like this.
    Thank For picking her.