“Since 2006, when we expanded Holiday World to include a Thanksgiving-themed section, we’ve received hundreds of suggestions to add a classic swinging ship ride and name it the Mayflower,” says park president Matt Eckert. “We chose the anniversary date of the Pilgrims setting sail for America to announce that our new ride for 2014 is our own Mayflower.”
Eckert says the new family ride will carry up to 60 riders at a time, swinging in an arc 54-feet-high over a pool of water.
“We’re not finished with Thanksgiving,” says Eckert. “Just as it’s our American tradition to serve a bounteous Thanksgiving meal, there are more ‘servings’ planned for the coming years.”
Additional projects for 2014 include:
- Friday Night Fireworks (Friday evenings from June 13 through August 1)
- Extended Splashin’ Safari hours
- Summer Fun Card program, for multi-day summer visits
- New restaurant and shop in Splashin’ Safari
- Covered-bridge entry to Thanksgiving section
- More cabanas
- Additional benches and shade structures
- Parking lot improvements
Eckert says the cost of next year’s improvements will total $8 million. Ticket prices for Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari will not increase in 2014.
Released: 6 September, 2013
Media contact: Paula Werne, firstname.lastname@example.org; 812-937-5209