- Plan A Visit
- Rides & Slides
- Buy Tickets
27 October 2006 - 3:59pm
Do you get laid-off till spring?
We really do get asked that.
It's sort of annoying...
Like we mothball the place and go sleep by the fire for six months.
Within days of the park closing for the season, the dismantling begins.
It goes on all over the park and takes place quickly.
The trains are lifted from the track and taken to maintenance, for all sorts of off-season TLC.
Gets a bit cluttered for a while.
...but eventually everything gets put away for the winter months.
Signs come down.
And I don't know what this is all about.
Too bad my budget is shot for the season. Otherwise we could rent a helicopter for an aerial shot, just in case the trash cans spell out a hint for, oh...2009 or something.
25 October 2006 - 8:48am
16 October 2006 - 2:49pm
Okay, so if the amount of emails I've received is any indication, those 19 porcelain urinals are going to be the hot item on Saturday.
It'll be such a relief to see them go.
(Sorry. After those puns, I'm flushed with shame.)
Rachel and Joe put their heads together and assembled the requested list of items, as it now stands. (Many thanks to them both.)
Here is the list of auction items, in no particular order.
- Popcorn Wagon
- Plush Animals
- Wacky Wire games (3)
- Dead Man's Curve games (2)
- Tic Tac Toe arcade games (3)
- Bowler Roller games (5)
- Coin Changers (4)
- Assortment of Roll-up Doors with Track
- Steam whistles and other antiques
- Disco ball
- Large Brass Horn (like a megaphone with no mouth piece, nearly five feet tall)
- Assortment of 3'x5' American Flags (from the Avenue of Flags)
- Gas-Fired Caramel Corn Kettle
- Gas-Fired Candy Apple Stove, no kettle
- Miniature Woodworking Shop (collector's piece)
- Large Indiana flag (all wool; at least 10'x12')
- Large amount of poly garland (some new, some used)
Large Copper Kettle (at least 100 years old)
- Holstein Corn Roaster, trailor-mounted ($3,000 reserve)
- Ditch Witch Trencher
- Exhaust System
- Electric motor 100 h.p. (from The Raven)
- Children's crawl-through train
- 2 Roller Racers, new used
- Miscellaneous vinyl siding
- Assortment of Food Service Equipment
- Assortment of electrical supplies including some fixtures
Large amount of primitive tools (over 100 years old)
- Wooden shoes and patterns
- Oil painting by Wylie Rigsby
- Assortment of track lighting
- Ceiling Fans
- Lark Motor Scooters, battery-operated with chargers (5)
- 80 lounge chairs
- Headless Horseman costume
- Snow-making machine
- Toddler ball crawl
- 220 sand chairs
- Broasters (2)
- Flav-R-Savor Cabinet
- Taylor Softech Ice Cream Machines (2)
- Wooden Desks (2)
- 40'x60' Tent with poles ($6,000 Reserve)
- Miscellaneous roofing
- Porcelain urinals (19)
- Hand sinks (4)
- Turnstiles (2)
- Washing Machines (2)
Singer Industrial Sewing Machine (may be used for embroidery and on leather and upholstery; used only 2 or 3 hours)
- Tascan 4 Track Reel to Reel Recorder
- Pioneer 4 Track Reel to Reel Recorder
- 2 DC Power supplies
- Light Sculpture (2)
- Base for Lava Lamp
- Solar System Mobile
- Rotating Police Light, red
- Teal 2 well cassette deck
- Approximately 200 light bulb bases, plastic/ceramic
- Teatronics Tech Director Light Board (Channels 1- 12 work, others unknown)
- Tapco 6 channel Audio Mixer
- 6 Channel Teatronics Lighting Dimmer, needs work
- Indoor Ceiling Light Fixture (in box)
- 3 DC Car Effects Lights
- 2 Channel Bolen Audio Amp, operational unknown
- 7 Channel Teatronics Control Board
- Lighting Controller, Superstar
- 2 Yamaho 1602 16 channel sound boards
- Colortran Encore 24/48 Digital Light Board
- Saluin Moon Beam Lighting Effect Unit/Controller
3 Color R-40 Boarder Lights (5)
The auction is this Saturday, October 21, at the Lakeside Picnic Shelter (use the Raven parking lot) at 10:30 am CDT.
13 October 2006 - 10:53am
The directive from Will was to "clean house."
And we did.
So now we're hosting an auction.
Wonder who had this rattling around in the back of his closet...
- Popcorn cart
- Assortment of arcade games
- Disco ball
- Corn roaster
- 300 lounge chairs
- Small children's ball crawl and crawl-through train
- Snow-making machine
- Spinning wheel, steam whistles and other antiques
- Construction supplies (roll-up doors, vinyl siding, shutters, etc.)
- Ditch Witch trencher
- 40' x 60' tent top/canopy
19 wall-mounted porcelain urinals
Here's the corn roaster in all its glory:
The auction will begin at 10:30 am CDT on Saturday, October 21. Just park in the Raven lot and head over to the Lakeside Picnic Shelter.