- Plan A Visit
- Rides & Slides
- Buy Tickets
12 September 2010 - 2:13am
Wow, what a night.
Thanks to all who joined us on our Facebook page as we posted about the evening's events as the 2010 Golden Ticket Awards were announced.
In case you missed it, here's the news release with the results:
PARK WINS SIX ‘GOLDEN TICKET AWARDS’
‘VOYAGE,’ ‘WILDEBEEST’ TAKE TOP HONORS
WILL KOCH NAMED ‘INDUSTRY LEGEND’
SANTA CLAUS, IND.----- The new Wildebeest water coaster at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari was named the Best New Ride in a Water Park and Best Overall Water Park Ride at Saturday evening’s Golden Ticket Awards, presented during an Academy Awards-style ceremony at Busch Gardens Williamsburg.
In addition, Holiday World’s Voyage roller coaster was
named the #1 Wooden Coaster on the Planet for the
fourth year in a row.
Presented by Amusement Today publisher Gary Slade, the industry’s “best of the best” awards include theme, amusement and water parks from around the world.
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari won a record six Golden Ticket Awards at this year’s ceremony.
For the eleventh consecutive year, Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari were named the #1 Cleanest Park, outranking such parks as Disney World, Kings Island, Dollywood, and Cedar Point. The parks also received #1 Friendliest Park award for the twelfth year.
“For these awards, we humbly thank our wonderful Hosts and Hostesses,” says park matriarch Pat Koch, who attended the ceremony with daughter-in-law Lori and grandson William. “It was a long, hot summer and they all worked together to keep smiling and keep cleaning.”
In an emotional tribute, the late Will Koch was honored as only the second inductee in Amusement Today’s Legends Series for being “a true visionary, leader and dear friend to the industry.” The park’s leader for more than two decades, Koch passed away unexpectedly in June at the age of 48.
Amusement Today is an international monthly trade journal for the amusement and water park industries, based in Arlington, Texas. The Golden Ticket Awards are determined by surveys submitted by well-traveled park enthusiasts from around the world.
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari will be open September 18 and then closed to the public September 19 for a private outing. From September 25 through October 10, Holiday World will be open weekends-only before closing for the season. For more information about the parks, visit www.HolidayWorld.com or call 1-877-Go-Family.
11 September 2010 - 7:15pm
Did you know Holiday World was the first park to host the Golden Ticket Awards, back in 2001? The Golden Ticket Awards are the amusement/water park industry's version of the Academy Awards.
The 2010 awards will be announced this evening; the host park this year is Busch Gardens Williamsburg.
And look who's there:
From left, you'll recognize Pat Koch, then Lane Nelson from Waldameer Park. That tall fellow is William Koch III and next is his mom, Lori.
It's time for the reception (which is before the dinner) before the awards ceremony.
Isn't this pretty? William is a really good photographer, just like his dad.
And here's a photo (thanks to our friend Jeffrey from Schlitterbahn Water Park) of Pat, Lori and William.
7 September 2010 - 5:18pm
Our first winning video features a young fellow by the name of Mark.
Mark's dad, Eric, entered these 57 seconds of cuteness in our month-long video contest. This self-proclaimed "#1 Fan" measures his fun in inches. Take a look:
Eric's winning video gets him two one-day tickets ... plus the video is now a finalist for our grand prize of four season passes for the 2011 season.
Are you our #1 Fan? There will be three more weekly winners. Take a look here for all the rules.
Oh, and if you already sent us a YouTube video link by email, don't worry -- you're automatically entered in next week's contest.
1 September 2010 - 4:57pm
Whether it's on Facebook, by email, or in person, we hear it over and over, "I'm your #1 fan!"
That's always great to hear.
Fans are certainly a good thing to have (especially during this summer's heat wave!).
Do you consider yourself our #1 Fan?
Lots of folks claim to be ... here's a way to prove it, and maybe even win tickets or 2011 season passes!
Here are the Rules:
1. Make a video (60 seconds or less) telling us why you’re our #1 Fan.
2. Post your video on YouTube and email us the link (email@example.com).
3. Each week between September 1 and September 29, 2010, we will choose one winner from all the video entries posted over the past week. Each week’s winner will receive two one-day tickets to Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari.
4. On September 30, we will post the four winning videos on our HoliBlog, and everyone is invited to vote for their favorite. The voting will last until 2:00 pm CDT on Wednesday, October 6, 2010.
5. The overall winner (the video with the most votes) will receive four 2011 Season Passes.
6. Must be 18 or older to enter.
7. Videos 61 seconds and longer will be disqualified. Please, keep videos to one minute or less.
8. Just like the park … keep it clean and friendly! And please have fun with this!
9. By entering your video, you are giving Holiday World permission to post it on our HoliBlog and other social media.
10. Employees of Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari and their immediate family members are not eligible.
11. Judges’ decisions are final.
12. Good luck!