- Plan A Visit
- Rides & Slides
- Buy Tickets
30 April 2013 - 7:00pm
In the decade we've offered free sunscreen, it's been fascinating to follow the development of this important health product.
When I was a kid, there wasn't much out there. I remember my mom sent me to Girl Scout camp one summer with a tube of Ban de Soleil. It was orange! And stinky ...
Happily, there are now many options for sun worshippers who want to protect their skin. Our SPF 30 sunscreen at the park this year boasts "cool dry touch" and that it's fortified with Vitamin D3.
Here's the brand and specific product:
If you'd like to know more about our sunscreen, please check on their website.
Meanwhile, be sure to rub it in (not just on) often throughout the day of your visit.
(Oh, and in case you're wondering, our sunscreen is neither orange nor stinky.)
29 April 2013 - 6:08pm
So now that the very long to-do list is being whittled down to a very short to-do list, what still needs to be accomplished before opening day?
Fill the Applause Fountain, of course!
Here's a time-lapse video of the process. We had our hands full, didn't we?
Holiday World opens for the season this Saturday, May 4. Hope to see you then!
26 April 2013 - 4:48pm
It's a question we hear fairly often: Which famous people have visited Holiday World over the years?
It's an interesting collection of names. A future president, a wrestling legend, professional football players, a television host, to not name a few.
The list is long enough that we created a Pinterest board called Famous Visitors to Holiday World.
We'll have to add this photo to the group:
This is Ethan Zohn, the winner of the third season of Survivor. When he visited us in 2006, it was a month before our season started, so he wasn't able to ride Voyage (which was new that year), but we gave him a tour and he posed for this fun photo.
Ethan is a survivor in many ways. We're proud to know him!
26 April 2013 - 12:18pm
Unless you've just awakening from hibernation, you know one of our fun new attractions is this wild and crazy water-slide complex called Hyena Falls.
And here's a photo of the nearly-completed slides, including a "wave" slide that starts five stories up:
Does looking at this photo, in anticipation of riding Hyena Falls, tickle you just a little bit? Causing you to giggle, guffaw, chuckle, even howl with laughter?
Then you should enter this contest. Bigtime.
If you win, here's what you get:
Two days of family fun at Holiday World & Splashin' Safari for a family of four, plus ...
Two cozy nights in a Rudolph's Christmas Cabin at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort (they're even throwing in a S'mores Kit for a gooey late-night treat).
Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort is located right next to Holiday World - and even provides free shuttle transportation!
Ready to enter our "Laugh Like A Hyena" contest?
1. Make a video (30 seconds or less) or draw a picture or take a photo or write a poem showing us how you plan to Laugh Like A Hyena on Hyena Falls.
2. Email your entry to us at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 8pm CT on Monday, May 6, 2013. (If you choose to make a video, post it on YouTube and email us the link.) Attachments must be jpegs and no larger than 1MB.
3. Later that week, we will post our three favorite entries here on the HoliBlog, and everyone is invited to vote for their favorite. The voting will last until 2:00 pm CDT on Monday, May 13, 2013.
4. The Grand Prize Winner (the entry with the most votes) will receive four two-day tickets to Holiday World & Splashin' Safari plus two nights (subject to availability during the 2013 season) in a Rudolph's Christmas Cabin at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort. The second-place winner will receive four one-day tickets to Holiday World & Splashin' Safari and the third place winner receives two park tickets.
5. Must be 21 or older to enter. No more than one entry per email address, please.
6. Videos 31 seconds and longer will be disqualified. Attachments exceeding 1MB and/or not jpegs will not be considered.
7. Just like the park … keep it clean and friendly! And please have fun with this!
8. By entering, you are giving Holiday World and Lake Rudolph permission to post your entry on our blogs and other social media along with your first name and last initial, plus city and state.
9. Employees of Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari and their immediate family members are not eligible. Neither are employees of Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort and their immediate family members.
10. Winners of Holiday World contests over the past six months are not eligible.
11. Judges’ decisions are final.
12. Good luck!
Please read the above instructions and rules carefully before entering.
And please-oh-please have fun ...
This guy sure is!
24 April 2013 - 8:02pm
Look who sneaked into Splashin' Safari a little early!
Hmmm ... Canada geese.
Do you know that ProSlide - whose designers created the likes of ZOOMbabwe, Bakuli, Mammoth, Bahari and Wildebeest - is based in Canada?
Oh, and they are also the crazy creators of our new Hyena Falls.
Perhaps these two waterfowl (who promised not to befoul the water - which will be filtered, treated and tested as always for a pristine opening day) are ProSlide's pets? Mascots? Sidekicks?
Ah, we'll never know. After a brief float, these two lovelies took the to air again, heading north to their summer home.