- Plan A Visit
- Rides & Slides
- Buy Tickets
22 May 2013 - 6:22pm
Thanks to everyone who entered our "Canine caption contest" - it was a howling good time!
We ended up choosing two favorites. Each winner receives two one-day tickets:
I double dog dare u to ring the bell! from Robin C. from Indianapolis
Pavlov never could have predicted this! Lisa P. from Goshen, Kentucky
Congratulations to Robin and Lisa! We hope everyone enjoyed playing.
This is one of those photos that just screams "Caption Contest!"
And so ...
This is a new game at Holidog's FunTown. Stun us with your wit and you could win two one-day tickets.
A few rules:
1. Must be 13 or older to enter.
2. Must not be an employee of Holiday World & Splashin' Safari (or that employee's immediate family member).
3. Just one guess per email address, please. (No multiple entries this time around.)
4. If you've won tickets from one of our contests within the past six months, you're not elegible to win this one. If it's been more than six months - have at it!
5. Judges' decision is final. It always is.
6. Deadline is Friday at noon. That's 5/24/13 at 12 noon CDT. We'll notify the winner by email.
7. To enter, post your crazy, funny, clever caption as a "comment" here on this HoliBlog post. Don't include your address or phone number, we'll notify the winner by email. (Remember, our comments are moderated - so keep the captions family-friendly. If your post doesn't show up right away, that means we're in a meeting or sleeping or eating or, you know, in the bathroom. Please be patient.)
8. And yes, if you win you can use your tickets this weekend. Good luck!
18 May 2013 - 3:35pm
When the parade of JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) Walkers comes through our front gate each year, it's an emotional time.
There are lots of excited smiles and delighted laughter.
And team shirts all the colors of the rainbow with messages to make you think:
... and smile:
... and even shed a quiet tear.
Victoria's godfather told me she passed away just a few years ago and her family walks in her memory each year.
This next photo is from our 2009 Walk. That's the late Will Koch on the right. A diabetic, Will started our annual Walk in 2006. Since then, we've helped raise more than $2.5 million for JDRF.
This good looking bunch is Team Josh. "Who's Josh?" I asked. Ah, there's Josh in front, holding our brochure. What a great smile!
Today's event was made up of about 1,300 walkers, each determined to do exactly what it says on these ladies' shirts.
17 May 2013 - 6:56pm
Well, I can't tell exactly who it is laughing in this photo - but those blue feet sure make me chuckle. (And no, the water's not that cold - he's wearing swim colorful shoes!)
See how this slide is named "Chuckles"? That because there are four slides and they are not in the same order on the bottom (at the finish) as at the top (where you start).
So if there's a specific slide you want to be sure to experience, take a look at the bottom and choose from Chuckles, Giggles, Laughs or ... Tee Hee.
That's right. We have a slide named Tee Hee.
Both parks are now open daily.
Laughing not optional.
11 May 2013 - 1:10pm
Remember Caleb? He's appeared on the HoliBlog a few times over the years.
Lori invited Caleb over for a closer look at Hyena Falls last week. The skies were gloomy, but that didn't keep their spirits down.
One of the best perks about working here is watching as the younger park fans grow up enjoying each new ride.
And the lasting friendships we form.
11 May 2013 - 10:04am
We truly enjoy reading the tweets that mention us.
We get to peek in at the preparations being made for an upcoming visit, detailing the nightly ritual of measuring a child who's nearly tall enough to ride our roller coasters.
Sometimes the tweet is simply a plaintive wail: "Somebody take me to Holiday World!"
This week, apparently one high school senior class had their trip cancelled due to too many "senior skip" pranks the previous week. Oh, my - can't repeat some of those comments.
This tweet made me laugh out loud this morning:
Amazed that the kid who struggles to get out of bed by 7 on a school day is up on her own at 5:30 on @holidayworld day.— Chris Lemon (@PilotChrisLemon) May 11, 2013
Ah, if only we could bottle the stuff ...