- Plan A Visit
- Rides & Slides
- Buy Tickets
23 June 2013 - 3:50pm
Thanks to all who entered!
Our winner of two one-day tickets is Dawn G., from St. Anne, Illinois. Here's her winning caption: "Do you think this will fly us to the moon and back?"
Every once in a while, a park photo just says "Caption Contest" to us.
This one, for example ...
Those cute little faces, concentrating so hard! What in the world might they be saying to each other?
Let's take a closer look:
Charm us with your wit and you could win two one-day tickets.
A few rules:
1. Must be 13 or older to enter.
2. Must not be an employee of Holiday World & Splashin' Safari (or that employee's immediate family member).
3. To enter, post your cute caption as a "comment" here on this HoliBlog post. Don't include your address or phone number, we'll notify the winner by email. (Remember, our comments are moderated - so keep the captions family-friendly. If your post doesn't show up right away, that means we're in a meeting or sleeping or eating or, you know, in the bathroom. Please be patient.)
4. Just one post per email address, please. (No multiple entries.)
5. If you've won tickets from one of our contests within the past six months, you're not elegible to win this one. If it's been more than six months - have at it!
6. Judges' decision is final. It always is.
7. Deadline is Friday at noon. That's 6/28/13 at 12 noon CDT. We'll notify the winner by email.
8. And yes, if you win, you can use your tickets this weekend.
20 June 2013 - 2:53pm
If you're a fan of "spinny rides," you'll want to be sure to give Kitty's Tea Party a try:
We understand from our Rides crew (the Ones Who Know) that if you like a dizzing dose of this sweet tea, make sure to spin counter-clockwise.
The second tip is to at first give it a good "oomph!" of a spin and then it's easier. These ladies look like they figured it out.
Here's a video spin (warning, if you're easily thrown into the depths of vertigo, go easy):
You'll find Kitty's Tea Party in Holidog's FunTown, where it's always time for tea!
20 June 2013 - 11:33am
Well, they'd need wings to do that, wouldn't they?
I must admit, among the staff here I think these new Pork Wings at Barbecue USA (in our 4th of July section) are the most-craved new menu item this season. In fact, our staff members whine to have them (say that phrase fast to catch the pun).
They're beyond yummy.
18 June 2013 - 12:53pm
The phrase "the Belgians are coming!" doesn't have quite the same historical ring as our recent post about the Brits.
But still. Cool.
I knew they were visiting soon, but wasn't sure exactly when - they'd been waffling on the dates.
They made themselves known yesterday via Twitter:
Hier staat een gelukkig, ernstig door elkaar geschud man! Tweede wow baan van de reis. (@ The Voyage) [pic]: http://t.co/ANqharp9xh— Hans Siemons (@HansSiemons) June 17, 2013
Not having brushed up on my rudimentary knowledge of the Belgian language lately (actually, take your pick: French, German or Dutch), I quickly turned to my dear friend Google Translate.
Ah, Hans. Shaken, but not stirred.
The group returned today for a first-ride-of-the-day on Voyage.
Nathan used his Vine app to capture the moment:
And finally a group photo:
Is anyone else suddenly in the mood for some buttery, maple-y breakfast food?
15 June 2013 - 2:00pm
What a lovely surprise!
For the third year in a row, Trip Advisor named us among the Top 10% of hospitality businesses worldwide that are reviewed on their monstrous website (it's the 91st most visited website in the U.S.).
The information TripAdvisor.com sent us noted that to qualify for their "Certificate of Excellence," an attraction, hotel, or other travel-related business must consistently receive "four out of five or higher" in the online reviews.
Not to look a gift owl in the mouth, but I've always wondered exactly what it is we're striving for ... they're not four-out-of-five stars or two thumbs up or three-and-a-half rotten tomatoes.
So we've just referred to them as Owl Eyes.
And thanks to our 700+ reviewers, we've consistently received four-and-a-half owl eyes on the world's largest travel website over the past several years.
It sure brings a smile to our faces to read so many positive comments from our park Guests (please don't hesitate to post your own review there). We know we're not perfect, but we keep trying!