- Plan A Visit
- Rides & Slides
- Buy Tickets
20 September 2013 - 6:39pm
Remember yesterday's post about Lauren's meeting with the spiders?
Well, apparently they were just consultants, not workers.
Poor Michael was challenged with spinning his own web.
... and then somehow moving it from ground level up into the sky.
A bit of rain didn't get him down.
Michael spun a little magic and, with the help of a ladder ... success!
Michael and Lauren are two of many dozens of our Halloween elves who've been decorating the park for weeks.
We are trans- formed!
With ghosts and pumpkins a-plenty through- out the park, it will be nearly impos- sible not to catch the spirit.
Our Hallow- een isn't filled with horror, but with laughter and fun and maybe just an occasional squeak of surprise.
We hope you'll join us!
But first, we know there are lots of questions. We'll answer them here:
Q: When do Happy Halloween Weekends take place?
A: Saturdays and Sundays from September 21 through October 27.
Q: What are your hours?
A: Saturdays from 11am to 8pm CDT (bonus: after-dark rides on our coasters) and Sundays from 11am to 6pm CDT.
Q: Best prices for tickets?
A: Save time and money by purchasing discounted Happy Halloween Weekends tickets online for just $24.95 (and $17.95 for Guests-under-54" and Seniors, 60+).
Q: I have a 2013 Season Pass - will that get me in?
Q: Do you have Halloween shows?
A: We have quite an assortment (download a show schedule here):
- Graveyard Smash - singing (and dancing) zombies perform familiar tunes with somewhat unfamiliar lyrics
- Don Baggett's Wild & Wacky Halloween Magic Show
- Kitty Claws' Dance Party
- Halloween Laser Light Show (Saturdays only)
- New! Gourdon's Tales from the Patch
- Chainsaw Willy Carvin' in the Park
Isn't Gourdon cute?
Q: What else? And what do they cost?
A: Lots more! And no extra charge:
- Corn mazes
- New! Mummy's Treasure Maze
- Holidog's 3D Halloween Adventure
- Hay rides
- Trick-or-treat trail, hay-bale maze and pedal tractor rides (ages 12 and younger)
Our corn maze features Kitty Claws this year:
Here's a look at the crazy "cage maze" in the center of our new Mummy's Treasure Maze, which is in the Good Old Days Picnic Grove in our 4th of July section.
Q: Will any rides be open?
A: Yes, nearly all the rides will be open, weather dependent, with the following exceptions:
- Dancer's Thunder Bumpers Jr. are closed for the season
- The Legend will be closed after October 13
- Raging Rapids will be closed in October (but open in September)
Q: Anything else?
A: Our Halloween Activity Trail includes a few items which have an extra cost:
- Airbrush Tattoo (large, $5) they last up to a week if you take good care of them
- Airbrush Tattoo (small, $3)
- Face Painting (large, $5)
- Face Painting (small, $3)
- Glitter Tattoo ($5)
- Cookie Decorating ($3)
- Candy Bar Wheel ($1)
Q: Any special Halloween treats?
A: Here are just a few of the menu items we've added to our restaurants:
- Pumpkin Funnel Cakes
- Butter Pecan Milkshakes
- Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Roasted Corn on the Cob
- Elephant Ears
- Apple Cider
- Spookies and Cream Dippin' Dots
- Chicken Nuggets in Halloween shapes
- Blackberry Cobbler
- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Broccoli and Cheese Soup
Be sure to pick up a map and show guide when you arrive to catch the show schedule and the list of food treats.
We hope you'll join us in our fun celebration of Halloween!
19 September 2013 - 7:39pm
When Leah sent me this photo of her sister, Lauren, I asked if she was okay with me posting it to the Web.
Leah's reply: Only if you spin it beautifully.
Clearly, our long-legged friends took a red-eye flight to get here.
And they're just in time for Happy Halloween Weekends!
19 September 2013 - 7:17pm
The puns are popping as we talk about our corn maze.
Or is that maize maze?
We hired a company that specializes in cutting corn mazes.
I guess you can say they're outstanding in their field ...
Aw, shucks. It's still not clear what this year's design looks like.
Happily, we have some friends in high places. Or rather who can fly us up to high places.
Here's a video Nathan put together to take us from the original corncept to the finished product.
Our Happy Halloween Weekends begin in just a few days. We hope you can join us: Saturdays and Sundays through October 27.
18 September 2013 - 12:18pm
Thanks to everyone who entered our Stashing Pumpkins contest - we have a winner! Leanne M. from Salem, Indiana, was the first to correctly guess 2,913 pumpkins. She receives two one-day tickets to Happy Halloween Weekends. Congratulations, Leanne!
All over Holiday World, hundreds and hundreds of pumpkins.
Some even include subtle messages ...
Allrighty then - it's time to give away a pair of admission tickets to Happy Halloween Weekends, which kick off this weekend.
All you have to do is correctly guess how many live pumpkins we have stashed here in the park. (Hint: the answer is a four-digit number that doesn't include any fours, sixes, sevens or eights.)
A few rules:
1. Must be 13 or older to enter.
2. Must not be an employee (or his/her immediate family member) of Holiday World & Splashin' Safari.
3. Only one guess per email address, please. Simply post your guess as a "comment" below.
4. If you've won tickets from one of our contests within the past six months, you're not elegible to win. If it's been more than six months - have at it!
5. To enter, post your guess as a "comment" here on this HoliBlog post. Don't include your address or phone number, we'll notify the winner by email. (Remember, our comments are moderated - so if your post doesn't show up right away, that means we're in a meeting or sleeping or eating or, you know, in the bathroom. Please be patient.)
6. The first person to post the correct number wins two one-day tickets to Happy Halloween Weekends. (If we don't have a winner by noon Central Time on Friday, September 20, 2013, the first person who posted the closest number to the correct answer will receive the tickets.)
17 September 2013 - 10:30am