- Plan A Visit
- Rides & Slides
- Buy Tickets
Got good "coaster hair"?
15 July 2011 - 6:44pm
Years ago, we were hosting a Discovery Channel crew, here to shoot footage of coaster enthusiasts riding The Legend roller coaster.
The field producer had a very specific request: "Find me riders with good coaster hair for the front seat."
....uh ... excuse me?
That was the first time I'd heard the term.
But not the last.
Fast-forward six years and we decided to name extreme coaster hair "Voyage Hair."
That's Steve and Will (with GM Mike in the second seat) taking the first human test rides in Voyage back in the spring of 2006.
So ... have you ever experienced Coaster Hair? Or have you even imagined it? Then you could win a couple of park tickets...
We’re looking for the craziest and most creative photos of what your hair would (or does) look like after riding one of our coasters. Have fun with this!
We will pick our favorite photo each week and the winner will receive two one-day admission tickets. Entries are limited to one per person per week, please (in case we decide this is fun enough to continue into additional weeks). Deadline for submissions is Monday, July 18, 2011 at 1pm CDT.
- You must be at least 18 years old to enter (photos of youngsters must be submitted by a parent or guardian) and not be an employee of Holiday World & Splashin' Safari (or the immediate family member of one).
- Winners from other contests conducted through our e-newsletter in 2011 are not eligible.
- On-board photos taken by the park are not eligible.
- Please send us a photo formatted as a JPEG (.jpg) showing your craziest or most creative coaster hair.
- Please keep the file size under 1 MB.
- By entering this contest you agree to give Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari ownership of your photo for other uses as we see fit.
- Judges' decision is final.
Here's the email address to use: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name and mailing address (we won't share it with anyone).
We will announce our first winner in an upcoming HoliBlog post. Good luck!