What we offer
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari provide a large array of benefits for Hosts & Hostesses. Below is just a partial list of employee pay and incentives available:
- Wages start at $7.25 to $8.15 per hour – premium rates for EMTs and Bus Drivers
- A personal Holiday World & Splashin' Safari season pass
- Free entry in to other regional parks and zoos (some past participants are Dollywood, Six Flags St. Louis, and the Nashville Zoo)
- 40% discount on food
- 20% discount on merchandise
- Weekly awards programs
- Incentive programs
- Seasonal management opportunities available for returning employees
- Free soft drinks
- Valuable work experience
Our Hosts & Hostesses have the option of "taking the bus" to work for a nominal fee.
Transportation Ticket Prices
- One-way tickets are available for $4.50.
- Unlimited ride passes (good for the entire season) are available for $250. Ride passes are non-refundable.
Starting & Ending Dates
- The transportation program will begin Saturday, May 4, 2013.
- The transportation program will end Sunday, October 27, 20123.
Pick-Up & Drop-Off Locations
- Boonville High School
- Castle High School (Newburgh)
- Evansville Day School
- Memorial Gym (Huntingburg)
- Owensboro Christian Church
- Tell City High School
- Pick-up and drop-off times will vary throughout the season. Below is a listing of approximate pick-up and drop-off times for each location. Detailed route schedules are available online and in the Human Resources Lobby.
|Location||Approximate Pick-Up Times||Approximate Drop-Off Times|
|Boonville High School||8:15am through 12:15pm||4:35pm through 10:35pm|
|Castle High School||7:50am through 11:50am||4:50pm through 10:50pm|
|Evansville Day School||7:25am through 11:25am||5:10pm through 11:10pm|
|Memorial Gym (Huntingburg)||10:00am (11am Eastern Time)||5:30pm through 10:30pm (6:30 - 11:30pm EDT)|
|Owensboro Christian Church||7:45am or 9:45am||4:50pm through 9:40pm|
|Tell City High School||7:40am||4:30pm through 8:25pm|
Hours of Work
- Scheduled hours of work vary by department. Please see the Job Descriptions page for more detailed information.
- Because of scheduling conflicts, not all departments hire bus riders. Departments that bus riders should apply for include: Bussing, Food & Beverage, Games, Gift Shops, Lifeguards, Locker Rental, Rides, Slide Attendants, and Sweepers.