- Plan A Visit
- Rides & Slides
- Buy Tickets
'Children & Comfort' Theme for 2011 Additions
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 13 May 2011
MEDIA CONTACT: Paula Werne, 812-937-5209; firstname.lastname@example.org
‘CHILDREN & COMFORT’ THEME FOR 2011 ADDITIONS
SANTA CLAUS, IND.----- Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari's additions and enhancements in 2011 can be divided into two categories: children and comfort.
That’s according to park president Dan Koch, who says the investment of $5.2 million provides more fun for children and more comfort for families.
“We’ve studied the feedback from our park guests that comes to us via email, our Facebook page, comment cards, and conversations out in the park,” says Koch. “This is the year we will add more for the little ones to do plus a lot of extras around the park.
Additions for 2011 include:
· Safari Sam’s SplashLand: Located in Splashin’ Safari, SplashLand features eight colorful body slides for smaller children, plus dozens of water-play elements in a shallow pool
· Rudolph’s Round-Up: a sleigh ride for smaller children to ride with older siblings or adults. This custom-designed ride takes riders in a circle and up and down and is located in Rudolph's Reindeer Ranch in Holiday World's Christmas section
· HoliCash gift cards and wristbands for “cashless” visits
· Air-conditioned dining at Plymouth Rock Café
· More shade and seating in Splashin’ Safari
· More restrooms, changing rooms and family restrooms in both parks
· 500 new lockers
· Free W-Fi hotspots throughout the parks
In addition, the town’s historic Santa statue, which was dedicated in 1935, is undergoing a two-month restoration project. The 22-foot concrete statue, which has been in disrepair for many years, was acquired by the Koch family several years ago and is located southeast of the park on State Road 245.
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari are now open daily. For more information about the parks, visit www.HolidayWorld.com or call 1-877-Go-Family.
# # # # # #