Frightful Falls was the first new ride added to Holiday World in 1984, when the park’s name was changed from Santa Claus. For all these years it’s thrilled and soaked countless riders with a spooky start through a tunnel, a graveyard tour, then up the big hill for a soaking splash below. And since 2000, The Legend’s lifthill crosses over Frightful Falls’ drop. Check out these stories, videos and photos about the Frightful Falls here on our HoliBlog.
This classic flume ride has delighted families since 1984. Read More »Frightful Falls starts off in a dark, spooky tunnel.The flume drop is 35 feet.Sit in front for the biggest splash.
Tips For Your Visit
- Whoever sits in the front of the boat tends to get the biggest splash.
- For your safety, don’t duck to avoid getting wet.
- Be sure to read the tombstones in the cemetery—some are downright silly!
- If you have any electronics or valuable items with you, keep them dry by taking advantage of the lockers located at the ride. Lockers are free of charge per ride cycle and you may take your locker key with you on the ride.
- Shoes and shirts must be worn on this ride.
- Don’t forget to check your photo for a replay of your giant splash.
- Can’t get enough? Log on to these stories on our HoliBlog.
- Height limit: 36″ to ride with an adult; 48” to ride alone
- Weight: Maximum combined weight, 680 pounds per 4 car seat
- Type: Log flume
- Opened: 1984
- Height: 41 feet
- Drop: 35 feet at a 35-degree angle
- History: First new ride in Halloween when Santa Claus Land became Holiday World in 1984
- Ride time: 2 minutes, 34 seconds