The theme of The Legend wooden roller coaster is The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, as riders race through the woods as if chased in terror by the relentless Headless Horseman. The most dramatic drops on The Legend measure 113 feet, 77 feet, and 64 feet (the 77-foot drop features the world’s first spiral drop). The double helix throws riders from side to side and the disorienting finish sends Legend riders back to Ichabod Crane’s one-room schoolhouse to study up on just how extreme a coaster can be! Check out these stories, videos and photos about The Legend here on our HoliBlog.
“Whatever you do – don’t look back!” That warning will haunt you as you scream your head off while riding The Legend wooden roller coaster at Holiday world. Read More »
Tips For Your Visit
- Work your way up by riding The Raven first, then The Legend ; save The Voyage for last!
- Unless you are a first-time coaster rider, ride the Voyage first for shorter lines.
- Wait times tend to be longer for the front or back seats.
- Wait till the afternoon to ride, as lines are shortest then.
- Don’t forget to leave any loose items you wish to keep – especially cell phones and keys – in the designated area of the station so the Headless Horseman won’t be able to snatch them from you.
- If you manage to ride with your eyes open, you’ll get a lovely (if brief) view of Splashin’ Safari.
- It should come as no surprise that a roller coaster themed for the Headless Horseman includes multiple “headchoppers,” including four charges through low tunnels.
- Want more? There are lot more stories, videos and photos about The Legend wooden roller coaster here on our HoliBlog.
Height limit: Minimum of 48″ to ride
Type: Wooden terrain roller coaster
Opened: May 6, 2000
Vehicle: 24-passenger PTC train
Theme: Named for Washington Irving’s classic The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
Designer: Custom Coasters, Inc.
Track length: 4,042 feet
Height: 116 feet, highest to lowest point on the ride
Ride time: 2 minutes
Top speed: 65 mph
Lift hill: measures 111 feet