In 2013, TIME magazine named The Voyage the top wooden roller coaster in the nation! The Voyage is an air-time machine, with riders experiencing a feeling of weightlessness for a total of 24.3 seconds. This extreme ride takes the traditional out-and-back layout to the edge of insanity, with one of the steepest drops on any wooden roller coaster in the world. The Voyage is 1.2 miles long, placing it among the planet’s top two longest wooden coasters. The Voyage also has three sections of extreme, 90-degree banking. We carved out five underground tunnels for The Voyage, which is a world record. And some of those tunnels are wide enough that we roar through them twice, creating a total of eight “underground moments,” one of which includes an unforgettable “triple-down” feature. The Pilgrims never had it so good! Check out these stories, videos and photos about The Voyage here on our HoliBlog.
#1 Wooden Coaster in the nation, according to TIME magazine. You’ll experience 24.3 seconds of zero-G, one of the steepest drops on any wooden coaster and 90-degree banking at highway speeds! Read More »
Tips For Your Visit
- Work your way up by riding The Raven first, then The Legend and finally The Voyage.
- Unless you are a first-time coaster rider, ride the Voyage first for shorter lines.
- Wait times tend to be longer for the front or back seats.
- Wait till the afternoon to ride, as lines are shortest then.
- Catch the best view of the ride from the Thanksgiving plaza.
- Don’t forget to leave any loose items you wish to keep, including those in your pockets – especially cell phones and keys – in the designated area of the station so the seas don’t toss them overboard.
- For a smoother ride with a view, take a front seat. If more air time is what you’re after, head toward the back of the train.
- Don’t forget to check your photo!
- This attraction is not recommended for Guests who have high blood pressure, a back or neck condition, recent surgery, injury, or illness, are pregnant, prone to motion sickness or dizziness, have a heart condition, fear of heights, or are sensitive to strobe lights.
- Guests wearing neck braces, forearm casts on both arms, or full leg casts that cover the knee may not ride.
- Want more? There are lot more stories, videos and photos about The Voyage here on our HoliBlog.
Height limit: Minimum of 48″ to ride
Type: Wooden out-and-back coaster, steel structure
Opened: May 8, 2006
Vehicles: Two PTC trains, holding 24 passengers each
Theme: Named for the heroic voyage of the Pilgrims to America in 1620
Designer: The Gravity Group plus Will Koch
Track length: 6,422 feet (1.2 miles)
Height: 173 feet, highest to lowest point on the ride
Ride time: 2 minutes 45 seconds
Top speed: 67.4 mph
World record: The Voyage provides the most air-time of any wooden coaster: 24.3 seconds (anything less than +.25 vertical G’s, average front/middle/back seats).
Banking: Three 90-degree banked turns
Tunnels: Record five underground tunnels, including eight “underground moments” and a “triple down” feature in one of the return-run tunnels.
Lift hill: The lift hill measures 163 feet