Zinga is a family water-park ride located in Splashin’ Safari. Zinga is eight-stories tall and combines a popular water-slide ride experience with the thrill of being propelled back and forth across a huge, high-banked funnel. “Zinga” is a Swahili word, meaning “to move in a circle.” We keep you “in the dark” at the beginning of this award-winning ride, then into the sunshine and the “half pipe” action of Zinga’s huge funnel you’ll slide! Circle on back to learn more on our HoliBlog.
Tips For Your Visit
- Hold on tight!
- Pay attention the signs showing how to ride (don’t let your backside drag).
- The early part of the ride is in the dark. Be sure to scream – it echoes!
- Only 2 adults are allowed per raft, so try to divide up riders accordingly to speed things up at the top.
- Sorry, for safety reasons we do not permit single riders.
- Zinga was the world’s first giant half-pipe water slide
- Not in the mood for Zinga? Grab a spot on the observation deck and watch the riders funnel on through.
- This attraction is not recommended for Guests who have high blood pressure, back or neck condition, recent surgery, injury, or illness, are pregnant, prone to motion sickness or dizziness, heart condition, or a fear of heights.
- Guests wearing neck braces, full arm casts that cover the elbow, or full leg casts that cover the knee may not ride.
- Height limit: 42” to ride with a supervising companion; 48” to ride alone
- Weight limit: Maximum 600 pounds total per inner tube
- Type: Funnel, half-pipe water slide
- Designer: ProSlide Technologies Inc.
- Opened in: 2003 (the very first of this design!)
- Height: 78 feet
Diameter: Tunnel slide, 9 feet; Funnel, 60 feet
- Length: 336 feet
- Inner tubes: 4-passenger “clover leaf” inner tubes (minimum two riders)
- Splash pool: 18” deep
- Translation: Zinga is the Swahili word for “to move in a circular motion”