Zinga is a family water-park ride located in Splashin’ Safari. Zinga is eight-stories tall and combines a popular water-slide ride experience with the thrill of being propelled back and forth across a huge, high-banked funnel. “Zinga” is a Swahili word, meaning “to move in a circle.” We keep you “in the dark” at the beginning of this award-winning ride, then into the sunshine and the “half pipe” action of Zinga’s huge funnel you’ll slide! Circle on back to learn more on our HoliBlog.
Tips For Your Visit
- Hold on tight!
- Pay attention the signs showing how to ride (don’t let your backside drag).
- The early part of the ride is in the dark. Be sure to scream – it echoes!
- Only 2 adults are allowed per raft, so try to divide up riders accordingly to speed things up at the top.
- Sorry, for safety reasons we do not permit single riders.
- Zinga was the world’s first giant half-pipe water slide
- Not in the mood for Zinga? Grab a spot on the observation deck and watch the riders funnel on through.
- Height limit: 42” to ride with a supervising companion; 48” to ride alone
- Weight limit: Maximum 600 pounds total per inner tube
- Type: Funnel, half-pipe water slide
- Designer: ProSlide Technologies Inc.
- Opened in: 2003 (the very first of this design!)
- Height: 78 feet
Diameter: Tunnel slide, 9 feet; Funnel, 60 feet
- Length: 336 feet
Inner tubes: 4-passenger “clover leaf” inner tubes
- Splash pool: 18” deep
- Translation: Zinga is the Swahili word for “to move in a circular motion”