Auditions for Singer/Dancers are January 28 at 12 noon CST and will take up to three hours. We are looking for well-rounded singer/dancers trained in a variety of vocal and dance styles who can demonstrate technical proficiency. Our shows consist mainly of pop, country, contemporary Christian, musical theater, and a cappella vocal stylings, plus jazz and lyrical dance. Skills in sight reading and acting experience are not required but are beneficial. Also a plus: partnering skills, break dancing, tumbling, tap or other specialties. Here’s what you’ll need for the audition:
- Your best 16 bars of both a ballad and up-tempo vocal selection. Please start with your strongest song, as we may not be able to see both.
- A CD accompaniment, MP3 player, or cell phone (no recorded vocals).
- Bring character heels and jazz shoes.
- Bring a current head shot and resume.
- Wear appropriate dance attire, as you will be taught a dance combination.
- Must be at least 16 years old when rehearsals begin in May.
Arrive dressed, warmed up, and ready to dance. If you have long hair, be sure it is pulled away from your face. You may be asked to return for callbacks after your audition.
Auditions for Singer/Musicians are January 28 at 12 noon CST and will take up to three hours. We are looking for six singer/musicians for our Country:LIVE! band. Instrumentalists must have the ability to sight-read music, be passionate about live performance, excellent at improvisation and able to play at least one instrument exceptionally. We are looking for guitarists, a bass player, a keyboardist, drummer, and fiddle player (mandolin, steel guitar or any other instrument used in country music a plus). Some instrumentalists will sing as well. Singers, please arrange to sing in one of the pieces you are playing.
- Prepare a Country music song to perform.
- Bring your own instrument; amp and cables provided.
- Drum set provided; bring your own sticks.
- Must be at least 18 years old when rehearsals begin in May.