Following a tweet about a magazine requesting a recipe from Mrs. Koch, we were asked to post it here.
“Santa’s Daughter’s” Christmas Citrus Chicken and Rice
Cook time: 35 minutes, Servings: 4
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1-3/4 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
3 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Sautéed orange slices.
1. Cook chicken in medium nonstick skillet over medium high heat for 10 minutes or until browned. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
2. Add the broth, orange juice, onion and rice. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
3. Return chicken to skillet. Cover and cook 10 more minutes or until the chicken and the rice are cooked. Stir in parsley.
4. For appearance, sauté orange slices in a hot nonstick skillet until lightly browned.
5. Garnish chicken with orange slices.
I'm rather stunned the recipe didn't include one more step:
6. Clean up the kitchen. And the rest of the house while you're at it.