This is Ethan Zohn, the winner of the third season of Survivor. When he visited us in 2006, it was a month before our season started, so he wasn't able to ride Voyage (which was new that year), but we gave him a tour and he posed for this fun photo.
Ethan is a survivor in many ways. We're proud to know him!
Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort is located right next to Holiday World – and even provides free shuttle transportation!
Ready to enter our "Laugh Like A Hyena" contest?
1. Make a video (30 seconds or less) or draw a picture or take a photo or write a poem showing us how you plan to Laugh Like A Hyena on Hyena Falls.
2. Email your entry to us at email@example.com no later than 8pm CT on Monday, May 6, 2013. (If you choose to make a video, post it on YouTube and email us the link.) Attachments must be jpegs and no larger than 1MB.
3. Later that week, we will post our three favorite entries here on the HoliBlog, and everyone is invited to vote for their favorite. The voting will last until 2:00 pm CDT on Monday, May 13, 2013.
4. The Grand Prize Winner (the entry with the most votes) will receive four two-day tickets to Holiday World & Splashin' Safari plus two nights (subject to availability during the 2013 season) in a Rudolph's Christmas Cabin at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort. The second-place winner will receive four one-day tickets to Holiday World & Splashin' Safari and the third place winner receives two park tickets.
5. Must be 21 or older to enter. No more than one entry per email address, please.
6. Videos 31 seconds and longer will be disqualified. Attachments exceeding 1MB and/or not jpegs will not be considered.
7. Just like the park … keep it clean and friendly! And please have fun with this!
8. By entering, you are giving Holiday World and Lake Rudolph permission to post your entry on our blogs and other social media along with your first name and last initial, plus city and state.
9. Employees of Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari and their immediate family members are not eligible. Neither are employees of Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort and their immediate family members.
10. Winners of Holiday World contests over the past six months are not eligible.
11. Judges’ decisions are final.
12. Good luck!
Please read the above instructions and rules carefully before entering.
Over the past several months, we've gone back to add tags to our eight years of HoliBlog posts. (That's more than a thousand posts!)
The resulting "tag cloud" is pretty handy (it's floating over to the right of this post), as you can click on your favorite topics and read all the related blog posts, along with photos and videos from over the years.
One of the most popular songs in 1961, when this photo was taken, was Stand By Me.
It wasn't a Christmas song, but the title certainly suits ol' Santa.
According to Erin E., who shared this wonderful photo of her great-grandparents, that's Claude and Lennie Russell on the left, and Martha and Amel Knight. Claude and Lennie Russell were from West Baden, Indiana. And Martha and Amel Knight lived in West Baden at the time. This was a big trip as Claude drove his brand new 1961 Ford to Santa Claus.
That iconic Santa statue is still here, in the Christmas section of Holiday World. Can you imagine how many photos have been taken with Santa over the years?