All you need to do is tell us what is shown in this Mystery Photo …
This time around, we will have three winners. Each winner will be mailed two one-day tickets. Details below.
A few rules:
1. Must be 13 or older to enter.
2. Must not be an employee or immediate family member of Holiday World & Splashin' Safari.
3. Only one guess per email address, please. (No multiple entries this time around. Either get it right or make it LOL funny*.)
4. If you've won tickets from one of our contests within the past six months, you're not elegible to win. If it's been more than six months – have at it!
5. Judges' decision is final. It always is.
6. First person to email us with the correct answer wins. If you're not first, but you're correct, we'll throw your name in our HoliHat and will hold a drawing for a second winner. *Plus, the person who makes us laugh the loudest with the most outlandishly wrong guess also wins. (So I guess that means we need to set a deadline … okay, next Thursday at noon. That's 3/14/13 at 12 noon CDT. That's right: CDT. Set your clocks back this weekend. Already.)
How to enter? Must be by email and to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org. (If you win, we'll contact you via email, so please be sure to use an address you check frequently.)
They’re working hard creating the pump pit for our new Hyena Falls.
They’re pouring the concrete quite carefully so that it’s even and cures properly.
So who’s at the top end of the long chute?
Why, it’s Gary! He’s in charge of watching for “clinkers.”
Basically, a clinker is a chunk of already-cured concrete which has clung to one of the fins inside the cement mixer.
As a totally unenlightened female, what comes to mind is my KitchenAid mixer – and how I have to stop it mid-mix to scrape the brownie batter off the beaters. (Oh, and to have a taste as well.)
A clinker can be far more serious than a simple lump in the brownie pan. So if Gary misses one of the cured clumps, he hollers, “Clinker!” to warn the crew below to fish out the clump and toss it in the reject pile.
Okay, so now that we’re talking about brownies, I just have to share my recipe for Voyage Extreme Brownies (they’re every bit as extreme as The Voyage!). This recipe will never be called a clinker – promise!
___ Would you like to receive HoliBlog notices – along with news releases and sweepstakes – by email? Sign up here and you can choose whether to receive the emails weekly or the same day the blog posts are published. Thank you!
A "cookie" is a small digital file that is created by a website and then stored by a
user's browser. We use these cookies to help improve our site, including
any personal identifying information about you, and you
can remove cookies from your browser at any time.