Here’s a reminder: Free Sunscreen!
Yearly Archives: 2013
Tweeted by an Indianapolis college student:
I wish there was free soda fountains all around campus like at holiday world hehe
— Bailey Campbell (@bailssss_) September 30, 2013
Have you tried to make it through our Kitty Claws Corn Maze yet?
There's an incredible feeling of jubilation when you make it "back out" from such a gigantic corn maze.
A certain 18-month-old has it all figured out.
Cole supervises while his godfather, Matt, does the not-so-heavy lifting.
There's no extra charge for corn-mazing here during Happy Halloween Weekends. Buy your discounted tickets here for less than $25.
Matt had a fun time in Louisville earlier this week, taping a WLKY's Real Deal segment.
He filled Maxine in on lots of fun Happy Halloween Weekends details – and also offered a "real deal."
Wondering what that deal might be? Take a look here.
Still need discounted tickets for your visit? Here you go.
If you live outside of our local area, chances are you don't ever get to see our television commercials.
We hope you'll join us for Happy Halloween Weekends, Saturday and Sundays now through October 27.
We have tickets available here on our website – prices are discounted to just $24.95 and $17.95!
Congratulations to Tabithia F., from Louisville, Kentucky, who wins two one-day tickets to Happy Halloween Weekends for her winning caption: “With great power comes great responsibility… and you mom… you have the responsibility to take me to Holiday world!”
Thank you to all who entered!
This photo from our opening weekend of Happy Halloween Weekends just screamed to be made into a caption contest.
Spin us a clever caption and you could win two one-day tickets for this year’s Halloween event.
A few rules:
1. Must be 13 or older to enter.
2. Must not be an employee of Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari (or that employee’s immediate family member).
3. Just one entry per email address, please.
4. The winner receives two 2013 one-day tickets to Happy Halloween Weekends. If you’ve won tickets from one of our contests within the past six months, you’re not eligible to win this one. If it’s been more than six months – have at it!
5. Judges’ decision is final. It always is.
6. Deadline is Thursday at noon. That’s 9/26/13 at 12 noon CDT. We’ll notify the winner by email.
7. To enter, post your clever caption as a “comment” here on this HoliBlog post. Don’t include your address or phone number, we’ll notify the winner by email. (Remember, our comments are moderated – so keep the captions family-friendly. If your post doesn’t show up right away, that means we’re in a meeting or sleeping or eating or, you know, in the bathroom. Please be patient.)
8. And yes, if you win you can use your tickets this weekend.
How in the world did I accomplish anything before Google Alerts were invented?
Yesterday morning, my day came to a screeching halt when I received a Google Alert with a link to this article in TIME magazine.
TIME's top ten coaster list only includes a few wooden coasters. And the highest ranked among them is our very own Voyage.
We're all so busy getting ready for Happy Halloween Weekends, there was hardly time for a Happy HoliDance, but we managed to squeeze one in – what a great moment in our history!
TIME Magazine gives Holiday World coaster high marks http://t.co/oBkqnGWCpu
— 14News (@14News) September 19, 2013
Let's all take a celebratory ride on TIME's #1 wooden roller coaster …
Remember yesterday's post about Lauren's meeting with the spiders?
Well, apparently they were just consultants, not workers.
Poor Michael was challenged with spinning his own web.
… and then somehow moving it from ground level up into the sky.
A bit of rain didn't get him down.
Michael spun a little magic and, with the help of a ladder … success!
Michael and Lauren are two of many dozens of our Halloween elves who've been decorating the park for weeks.
We are trans- formed!
With ghosts and pumpkins a-plenty through- out the park, it will be nearly impos- sible not to catch the spirit.
Our Hallow- een isn't filled with horror, but with laughter and fun and maybe just an occasional squeak of surprise.
We hope you'll join us!
But first, we know there are lots of questions. We'll answer them here:
Q: When do Happy Halloween Weekends take place?
A: Saturdays and Sundays from September 21 through October 27.
Q: What are your hours?
A: Saturdays from 11am to 8pm CDT (bonus: after-dark rides on our coasters) and Sundays from 11am to 6pm CDT.
Q: Best prices for tickets?
A: Save time and money by purchasing discounted Happy Halloween Weekends tickets online for just $24.95 (and $17.95 for Guests-under-54" and Seniors, 60+).
Q: I have a 2013 Season Pass – will that get me in?
Q: Do you have Halloween shows?
A: We have quite an assortment (download a show schedule here):
- Graveyard Smash – singing (and dancing) zombies perform familiar tunes with somewhat unfamiliar lyrics
- Don Baggett's Wild & Wacky Halloween Magic Show
- Kitty Claws' Dance Party
- Halloween Laser Light Show (Saturdays only)
- New! Gourdon's Tales from the Patch
- Chainsaw Willy Carvin' in the Park
Isn't Gourdon cute?
Q: What else? And what do they cost?
A: Lots more! And no extra charge:
- Corn mazes
- New! Mummy's Treasure Maze
- Holidog's 3D Halloween Adventure
- Hay rides
- Trick-or-treat trail, hay-bale maze and pedal tractor rides (ages 12 and younger)
Our corn maze features Kitty Claws this year:
Here's a look at the crazy "cage maze" in the center of our new Mummy's Treasure Maze, which is in the Good Old Days Picnic Grove in our 4th of July section.
Q: Will any rides be open?
A: Yes, nearly all the rides will be open, weather dependent, with the following exceptions:
- Dancer's Thunder Bumpers Jr. are closed for the season
- The Legend will be closed after October 13
- Raging Rapids will be closed in October (but open in September)
Q: Anything else?
A: Our Halloween Activity Trail includes a few items which have an extra cost:
- Airbrush Tattoo (large, $5) they last up to a week if you take good care of them
- Airbrush Tattoo (small, $3)
- Face Painting (large, $5)
- Face Painting (small, $3)
- Glitter Tattoo ($5)
- Cookie Decorating ($3)
- Candy Bar Wheel ($1)
Q: Any special Halloween treats?
A: Here are just a few of the menu items we've added to our restaurants:
- Pumpkin Funnel Cakes
- Butter Pecan Milkshakes
- Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Roasted Corn on the Cob
- Elephant Ears
- Apple Cider
- Spookies and Cream Dippin' Dots
- Chicken Nuggets in Halloween shapes
- Blackberry Cobbler
- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Broccoli and Cheese Soup
Be sure to pick up a map and show guide when you arrive to catch the show schedule and the list of food treats.
We hope you'll join us in our fun celebration of Halloween!
When Leah sent me this photo of her sister, Lauren, I asked if she was okay with me posting it to the Web.
Leah's reply: Only if you spin it beautifully.
Clearly, our long-legged friends took a red-eye flight to get here.
And they're just in time for Happy Halloween Weekends!
The puns are popping as we talk about our corn maze.
Or is that maize maze?
We hired a company that specializes in cutting corn mazes.
I guess you can say they're outstanding in their field …
Aw, shucks. It's still not clear what this year's design looks like.
Happily, we have some friends in high places. Or rather who can fly us up to high places.
Here's a video Nathan put together to take us from the original corncept to the finished product.
Our Happy Halloween Weekends begin in just a few days. We hope you can join us: Saturdays and Sundays through October 27.