Updated on 3/18/14: We have our winner! Thanks to everyone who entered; we ended up with nearly 3,000 great naming ideas. Our winner is Eric S. from Robinson, Illinois.
The new name? Water Bumpaloes.
How cute is that?!
We’re getting ready to retire this sign:
… but not the ride!
We’re moving this fun (and wet!) children’s ride to Splashin’ Safari.
And so we need your help in finding a new name.
And if your entry is chosen, we’ll send you two one-day tickets.
How to enter? Please read these rules:
1. All entries must be posted as a “comment” on this HoliBlog post no later than 10 am CT on Tuesday, March 11, 2014. Please don’t include your address or phone number, we’ll notify the winner by email by March 25, 2014.
2. All HoliBlog comments are moderated (as long as they’re not spam or naughty, we’ll “approve” them), so if your entry doesn’t show up right away please don’t yell at your computer, phone or tablet. Or post over and over.
3. More than one entry per person is allowed, but each entry must be posted as a separate comment in order to be considered by our judges. (We don’t want a list. One at a time, please.)
4. To enter, you must be 13 years or older.
5. The prize is two one-day tickets for the 2014 season. Judges’ decision is final. Only one winner will be chosen (since we only need one name).
6. Employees of Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari and their immediate family members are not eligible to win (so please don’t enter).
7. If we receive more than one entry suggesting the same name (and choose that name), the entry received first (as time-stamped on the pre-moderated posts) will win.
Need more info about the ride? There’s a webpage for that.
Did you know you can subscribe to the HoliBlog so that you receive all of our posts (and contests) by email? If you’re using a desktop computer or tablet, look for the “Subscribe to Blog” sidebar at the top-right corner of this page. On a smartphone? Just scroll down a tiny bit more.
Good luck to all – we can’t wait to see your clever names!