Thanks to all who entered! Here are our winners:
- Cassandra S. from Louisville, Kentucky
- Jennifer K. from Fishers, Indiana
- Jodi B. from Martinsville, Indiana
Each winner received two one-day tickets.
Didn’t win? Be sure to subscribe to the HoliBlog and watch our Facebook page for more opportunities to “enter to win.”
Have you ever wondered where that phrase originated?
Are we there yet?!
Could it have been … on board the Mayflower?
It was, after all, a 66-day trip, crossing the Atlantic Ocean to the New World.
Our story begins with a little event we threw for members of the roller coaster enthusiast clubs we call our “partner clubs.”
Late last week, we had about 150 enthusiasts gathered from all over – including Texas, Seattle, and London.
And we’re not talking London, Kentucky.
One of the perks of these events is a little something called a “walk back.”
A photo walk back. Video, too. Up close and personal with The Voyage.
All will be explained eventually, but after the group had trudged up the hill toward Voyage’s spaghetti bowl, an Ohio lad named Lee spotted something unusual near The Voyage’s underground tunnel.
We called Safety Craig to investigate.
Lee decided we should allow Safety Craig exactly one minute to answer the call. It sure was handy that Lee carries an egg timer in his pocket.
Leah and Lauren were able to talk Lee into giving Craig an extra minute. Thanks, Lee.
The red arrow in the photo points to what Lee saw with his seven-year-old eyes.
Safety Craig arrived with several grains of sand to spare and invited Lee to accompany him to the excavation site.
The enthusiasts gathered ’round, enthralled.
As they pulled a very old wooden box out of the ground, Lee and Craig were joined by Leah, Lauren and Matt.
Clearly Leah has watched one too many late-night horror movie reruns.
Matt carried the mysterious box back to Plymouth Rock Cafe, so its contents could be revealed.
And inside was …
… a very, very old journal.
Later, when the enthusiasts returned from their extra rides on The Voyage, even scraps of paper were documented.
Those scraps of paper that were discovered with the journal contained the following URL: 66DaysAtSea.com
And so we begin.
Day by day, we reveal journal entries written long ago by a mother on board the Mayflower.
Here’s her first day’s entry:
Please follow along with us as we experience those 66 days and learn just a bit about that incredible voyage back in 1620.
At the end of the 66 days, we will announce what we have in store for 2015. It will be worth the wait.
As you read each day’s entry, you just might get a hunch or two about what we’re planning for Thanksgiving next year. Want to take a guess? Post a comment on this HoliBlog post, and be sure to enter our 66 Days At Sea sweepstakes, below.
We’ll have three winners – chosen at random – who will each receive a pair of admission tickets for 2014.
How to enter? Let’s start with a few necessaries:
- You must be at least 18 years old to enter.
- Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari employees (and the immediate family members of employees) are not eligible to enter.
- Have you won tickets from us in the past six months? Please wait half a year before entering again – let’s give others a chance to win, too.
- Use the widget, below, to enter daily. There are lots of options, so you can earn extra entries by posting here on our HoliBlog, tweeting about us, and following us on Facebook and Pinterest.
- For the “post a comment on the blog” entry option, please tell us what you think we planning to add in 2015. (Our comments are moderated, so as long as the content is HoliFriendly, it will appear soon.)
- Ready to enter? Simply enter our sweepstakes here from a mobile device; or if you’re using an immobile device, enter by using the widget, below. And not just today – daily through 12:00 midnight CDT Monday night, May 26.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Did you know you can subscribe to our HoliBlog so that you receive all of our posts (including contests) by email? If you’re using a desktop computer or tablet, look for the “Subscribe to Blog” sidebar at the top-right corner of this page. On a smartphone? Just scroll down a tiny bit more to find it.
Meanwhile, if you’re curious about these coaster enthusiasts and their clubs, take a look at the HoliWood Nights page on our website – you just might want to join us!
Good luck to all! Please remember, the winners will be chosen at random – we’re not tipping our hand (or our ship) before July 24.