Congratulations to Lisa Cook, from Georgetown, Kentucky – she entered a video of her son, Christian, presenting his best guess. That video ended the contest with the most thumbs-up votes. Thanks to all who entered!
And today we found this second video on YouTube:
And a third …
Have you been following our daily 66 Days at Sea journal entries? Then we have a feeling you have a feeling …
So, it’s time to have a video contest so you can tell us!
Here are the instructions and rules:
- Review our 66 Days At Sea journal (or not) and make a YouTube video telling the world what you think we’re up to for 2015;
- Your YouTube video must include “Holiday World” and “2015” in the title and must be no longer than three minutes in length (that’s 180 seconds – not a second longer);
- Remember to keep your message HoliFriendly (no naughty words or gestures; oh, and no gross sounds);
- By entering your video, you are giving Holiday World permission to post it on our HoliBlog and other social media;
- You must be at least 18 years old to enter (or have someone 18 or older enter on your behalf);
- Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari employees (and the immediate family members of employees) are not eligible to enter.
Be clever, be sassy, be earnest, be funny – just tell us what is your interpretation of our tortuous and torturous hints!
Here’s a video from Tiffani and Chelsi (don’t miss the HoliBloopers at the end):
And Gracie made a video, too:
Here’s Jarrett from Dayton‘s guess:
And Kylie checks in with her guesses:
Who will judge? The millions of people on YouTube and Google+! It will be up to you to get the word out about your masterpiece – and ultimately get more “thumbs up” like votes on your video than anyone else in this contest.
Can you enter more than once? Sure – but let’s not get too ridiculous, okay? Three’s the limit per person. And three minutes in length per video.
Okay, so once you’ve made your video and uploaded it to YouTube, grab the URL and send it to us (along with your name, age and hometown) at our email@example.com email address to enter. As long as your video is HoliFriendly and is no longer than three minutes in length, we’ll embed it (just like Cordero’s, above) in a HoliBlog post to get you started on the road to fame.
Whoever posts the most popular video as of 12 noon CDT on Saturday, July 12, 2014, will win four one-day tickets to join us on July 24* for our big announcement. Who knows, we might even give you some VIP treatment. I’ll need to think about that for a while, though …
Did you know you can subscribe to our HoliBlog so that you receive all of our posts (including contests) by email? If you’re using a desktop computer or tablet, look for the “Subscribe to Blog” sidebar at the top-right corner of this page. On a smartphone? Just scroll down a tiny bit more to find it.
Ready? Get out your cameras and make us some great videos!
Good luck to all!
* or the prize tickets may be be used any other day this season that we’re open to the public