By Lauren R.

When we say we are “#1 for Family Fun,” we mean the entire family, even the furry members. Just inside our admission gates is the Holidog Inn, where even Holidog feels comfortable telling his friends to “Relax, it’s the Holidog Inn.”

Holidog and his buddy PaxHere’s Holidog with his buddy Pax, along with some tips about our Holidog Inn:

• Please bring proof of current rabies vaccination to Holiday World Services before boarding any pet in a kennel.
  • You have the choice of an air-conditioned indoor ($20) or an outdoor ($10) kennel.
  • Have more than one pet? For an additional $5 per pet, you may keep both pets in the same kennel. We number the kennels so all pets are accounted for; we also take detailed notes about your pet’s needs.
  • Sorry, we don’t take reservations. Kennels are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
  • Kennels come in a variety of sizes for large and small pets.
  • Our Admissions staff does not handle the pets out of safety for the pet. They will be happy to:
    • Check on pets throughout the day and make sure they have water;
    • escort and supervise one adult owner per pet during boarding, visits and removal; and
    • contact owners if pets need care or cleaning
  • You may return throughout the day to provide some TLC and take them on potty breaks as needed. (We provide a small grassy area for this purpose.)
  • Feel free to bring any toys or other special items for your pets to help make them feel more at home during their stay at the Holidog Inn.
  • Don’t forget your pet’s food. We will provide water, dishes, and litter bags for them.
  • Sorry, no overnight Guests. Holidog Inn closes when Holiday World closes for the day.

Outdoor Kennels: Your pets can enjoy the shade of the shelter house along with a nice breeze coming from our outdoor fans. Just ask Bella; she sure enjoyed her visit to our outdoor kennels.

Holidog visits Bella at the Holidog Inn

One more thing: Dogs are not the only pets who visit the Holidog Inn. We’ve hosted all types of visitors, even a pot belly pig! Within our indoor kennels, we provide a back room for smaller pets such as cats, hamsters, and rabbits. This room has a sliding door that separates the areas to ensure all of our guests enjoy their stay with us! If you would like more information about our Holidog Inn, please visit our website’s Rules & Services page or simply stop by Holiday World Services during your next visit.

51 Responses to “Pleasing pets the World over”

1. Cindy

2. Benjamin

I never knew that this was an option offered here at holiday world. It is very nice to know that our pets will be cared for in a safe way.

3. Maxine

I just thought to look for something like this and you guys have it that’s wonderful. My family and I come there every year and have to leave our dog behind, not anymore. My question is I know its on a first come first serve basis, however, do you all ever run out of kennels large ones throughout the day? Because I would hate to get that far and no kennel for my dog. Please respond as soon as possible please and thank you.

Ms. Maxine,

• Paula @ Holiday World

If you plan to arrive around opening time, you should be fine – the only time we run out tends to be very busy Saturdays, and even then not till late morning or early afternoon. Thank you – and have a wonderful visit!

4. Brooke Webb

Do you stay open a little after park closing to allow for people that my have gotten held up in a line, or do your doors lock right at closing time?

5. Ashley h.

Are the inside kennels air conditioned? Because I have a Siberian husky who can’t get too hot, and he’s too young to stay home alone all day.

6. Brooke Webb

I just wanted to say thank you for taking care of our dog, Daisy, this past Monday! We felt like rock stars entering the park from all the attention she was getting. 🙂 Since we had never boarded there before, we weren’t sure exactly where to go, but everyone was really nice and helpful directing us where to go. Since it was a hot day, we opted for the indoor kennels. I did want to share 2 bits of advice for other patrons. First, the kernels are located right next to the lift hill for the Raven, so if your pet is noise sensitive, opt for the indoor kennels. Secondly, bedding is not provided, so if you want your pet to have a soft spot to lay, bring their bed or a blanket with you. I am so glad Holiday World offers this service! Since we were camping nearby, our only other option was to leave her in her crate in the tent, which I did NOT want to do. If this service wasn’t available, we might have left her at home with a pet sitter. This way, she was able to join us on our camping trip!

7. Giselle

We plan to go for the 4th of july and we are coming from Chicago. We are wondering do the kennels usually get full on Holiday weekends we would hate to drive out there and not be able to get into the park due to the kennel being full.

• Paula @ Holiday World

Are you planning to arrive around park opening time (9:30am CDT)? We don’t expect to fill up, but if we do it probably won’t be until late morning or into the afternoon. Safe travels!

8. Hope

Do the kennels fill up typically. We will be driving from Alabama. Leaving at 5am and getting there for opening. If the kennel is full we will have to drive home with no where to put our dog. Just wondering about capacity. We are coming Thursday June 23 2016. Thank u

9. Jessica

I am planning on boarding two dogs next week. One is a 7 month old puppy and is still learning how to use the kennel. She cries loudly for a little bit and then settles down. Is this going to be a problem? Also, I was wondering with 90 degree weather in the forecast will the dogs have adequate shade and access to the fan in the outdoor kennels? Thank you.

10. Karen Morgan

Have the rules changed about needing to provide proof of rabies vaccination? I see in the 2014 response it was not mandatory to provide proof. Our dog’s has expired and this is an impromptu trip we are making so no time to get the rabies shot. Thank you.

11. Melissa

Coming in tomorrow for the day. Wanting to bring our puppy. I see that it’s first come first serve….what are the chances it gets full? We are 3 hrs away & I don’t want this trip to be wasted. It’s our first time using the kennel.

12. Patti W

Do the owners have to come to the kennel throughout the day to let their dogs out to potty if they are in an inside kennel?

13. Gabby

We are planning a trip to see you guys. So glad you have kennel! We have two hand raised pups. The question I have is that they will be 10 wks at that point and not old enough to receive a rabies vaccine.What is the policy on under age pups?

14. Brandy Koenig

We are traveling across the country and wanted to make HW our first stop. We have pets, however. Is there any way to reserve a kennel?

15. Michelle Johnson

This is why we have a family tradition of an annual multi-day summer trip to HW!! We have a family member who had a true gluten allergy and HW offers GF food options, and this year we have a new dog in our family, she only weighs 12 lbs and though we generally leave the big dogs with Grandpa, we are nervous about leaving this new family member! We have been in turmoil trying to figure out what do, should someone stay home? But, no!! HW is the only truly Family Oriented theme park/water park in the U.S.! From free drinks and sunscreen, to gluten free foods, to dog kennel services, HW….ROCKS!!

16. Gayle

I noticed these comments are a few years old and wanted to verify that this service is still available? Please say yes!

17. Donna

This is a wonderful service. I bet you will start filling up once the word is out! Thank you so much for thinking of our 4 legged family members!

18. Shannon Ryan Litherland

This made me so HAPPY!!! ? I was trying to figure out what I was going to do with our fur babies when we brought our six year old grandson to Holiday World!!!! Thank you so much for not forgetting about our precious animals,I love it!!!

19. Deanna Friel

So glad I found this article! We have been to HW several times and I never knew kennel service was offered. Looking forward to our next trip in July – bringing the grand girls for their first time ever. And Brutus! I just thought to look for something like this and you guys have it that’s wonderful. My family and I come there every year and have to leave our dog behind, not anymore. My question is I know its on a first come first serve basis, however, This is why we have a family tradition of an annual multi-day summer trip to HW!! We have a family member who had a true gluten allergy and HW offers GF food options. Thank you for sharing about Pleasing pets the World over.

20. janet

We are heading back again this year with 2 dogs this time instead of 1. Can’t say how much we love this service. We were pleasantly surprised when we came one year that they actually remembered our dog Zena from the year before. My first though was oh-no, she is normally a good dog. They told us that they remembered her because she was such a cute, good dog. Also, one day the previous year a service dog had been next to her and kept trying to comfort her. There was a “noise” dog there that day & was stressing our dog (& several others). Your staff quickly stepped in and took care of the situation, so my girl left in a good mental state. Thumbs up for your staff!

21. Amy

We are coming in for Holiday Nights this weekend. Will the kennel be open late for the special event or will it still close when the park closes to the public?

Thanks!

22. Maria Pando

My fur babies love Holiday World. I HAVE BEEN GOING THEIR FOR YEARS. THE KENNELS ARE CLEAN AND SPACIOUS

• Josh @ Holiday World

Our large indoor kennels are 37″ wide, 43.5″ high, and 58″ deep. Small indoor kennels are 28″ wide, 34″ high, and 58″ deep.

Our outdoor kennels range between 30 and 36″ wide, and are 36″ high, and 46″ deep.

23. Summer

Hello! My family and I are planning a trip to holiday works on August 5th. We will be bringing our dog with us. We live nearly four hours away, and I wanted to know approximately how quickly the kennels fill up? I am worried about not being able to make reservations and being 4 hours away with nowhere to bring my dog.

• Josh @ Holiday World

The team that handles kennels let me know that we have 16 indoor kennels as well as a large number of outdoor kennels as well and they can’t recall having to turn anyone away. She mentioned that most check-ins at the kennel are typically done before 12:00 or 1:00pm CDT so you could always plan to arrive early just to be sure.

24. Andrea kaye

Can we have rabies papers faxed to this place so we can keep our 2 small dogs here

• Josh @ Holiday World

You can fax that to us ahead of your visit so we’ll have it on file. Our fax number is 812-937-5291.

25. Debbie

We are coming this next Saturday and I have 2 baby Sugar Gliders, they will be in their own travel cage, and they do sleep during the day so I no one will need to check on them. I will have them set, with all they need, but their routine is nocturnal right now. I’m so glad you have room for my babies, I will be checking on them periodically though throughout the day.

26. Janet

We were very pleased with the service and treatment for our German shepherd dog. We would definitely recommend Holidog kennels for anyone’s fur baby! I imagine we will be utilizing this service again in the future. Thanks for providing this service!

27. Shannon wild

We have a Newfoundland and a rat terrier. We was wanting to bring them this Sunday. It is the Toyota picnic and we are camping at Lake Rudolph. Are the kennels big enough for a Newfoundland??

• Josh @ Holiday World

28. Angie

Will the kennel be open tomorrow? We can’t be there until afternoon. We just found out you have this service and would love to use it for our midsized dog. Are you expecting tomorrow to be busy? Thanks

• Josh @ Holiday World

The kennel will be open and there shouldn’t be any issues with availability.