Oh, boy. If I had a nickel for every time I’ve been asked that question these last eight months!
The simple answer is: the Test Dummies. They ride first.
And they’re having a blast.
But for those of you who are truly interested in securing a seat for when the nation’s first launched wing coaster takes off on its very first public ride, we finally have an answer.
And the answer is: Thunderbird’s First Flight Auction.
That’s right, we’re launching (see what I did there) a charity auction to benefit the incredible organization Give Kids The World.
Give Kids The World Village is a 70-acre, nonprofit “storybook” Village located near Central Florida’s most beloved attractions. There, children and their families are treated to week-long, cost-free fantasy vacations, complete with accommodations in the Village’s whimsical villas, transportation, donated attraction tickets, meals, and much more. At the Village, these precious children learn that dreams really do come true, as they and their families are immersed in joy, hope, and non-stop fun for a few unforgettably happy days. Since 1986, the Village has welcomed more than 135,000 families from all 50 states and more than 75 countries.
And after each family’s special week at the Give Kids The World Village, they receive a World Passport for Kids, which continues the special memories by providing free admission to theme parks and other attractions around the world. Here at Holiday World, we’re charter members of the World Passport for Kids program and have hosted hundreds of wonderful families over the years.
Tarry not: our Thunderbird’s First Flight Auction runs now through 11:59pm CDT on Wednesday, April 8.
- Seats for you and a friend on Thunderbird’s First Flight (you choose the seats when you place your bid).
- Your ride will kick off our Thunderbird Media Preview on Thursday, April 23. Who knows, you may get to ride (and scream) on live TV.
- We’ll provide you with your on-ride photos of that first ride.
- Oh, we’ll probably take a group photo for our Facebook page, too. You’d like that, wouldn’t you?
- You get to ride all day and into the evening. And not just Thunderbird, The Voyage and Crow’s Nest, too. And even some time on The Raven and The Legend.
- We’ll also give you and your friend a free one-day ticket to return for another visit during the season.
- You’ll have the satisfaction of helping Give Kids the World.
Please visit our Thunderbird’s First Flight Auction page, pick out which seats you’d like to ride, and bid!
Good luck to all!
I want too be the first too take a ride looks interesting and fun I’m scared of hikes let’s see if this will take place too make me want too get off
One or all of my four grandsons!
I would love to ride this. My boyfriend and I are huge fans of roller coasters, and it’d be an awesome birthday present for him 🙂
I would love to ride ThunderBird. I love this new generation of wing roller coasters. It’s unlike anything we have ever seen. My first wing coaster was X flight at at SFGA and later The Swarm at Thrope Park. This is a very interesting launch layout. Good luck to all of you and have a wonderful opening day tomorrow.
I have a season as this 2015 lol its so fun
I rode the thunderbird it was fun