After being heralded as the World’s Cleanest Park for more than a dozen years, you’d think we’d know every use for a trash can.
This season, we’ve done that trendy re-purpose thing – and trash cans aren’t just for keeping the place tidy anymore.
During your next visit, you may stumble upon our trash-can band before you even see them – they’re our Trash Impactors!
This group of percussionists has added their own spin on cleanliness by creating a catchy rhythm that will make you dance your Pepsi cup to the nearest trash can once the show is over.
Check them out in this Instagram clip:
Some of our Trash Impactors also perform each morning at 9:45am CDT in Christmas Plaza for our Opening Celebration! Join in as Holidog & Friends groove to the sounds of our drum line and some of today’s most popular songs – including a musical tribute to the nation’s first launched wing coaster, Thunderbird!
Don’t miss out on any of our shows during your visit – check out our Today: At A Glance for a complete show schedule!
It starts when you get the okay from the network to talk about the unnamed new show:
Next, add a re-tweet from the show host whose hair sports a touch of Thunderbird orange:
Then try to recover from the aforementioned thrill:
We hope you’ll plan to watch Thrill Factor on Travel Channel – Wednesday, August 12, at 7:30pm CDT for our episode of this exciting new show!
You just never know what you might find (and learn) on Twitter!
You just never know what our divers are up to on their days off …
Congratulations to Cesilie from our Dive team – she took First Place at a Red Bull Cliff Diving Women’s World Series event in Portugal over the weekend! (She’s in the center of this photo from the event’s Facebook page.)
Here’s the video report of Cesilie’s victory
Thanks to all who entered our sweepstakes – and congratulations to Amy I. from Mattoon, Illinois, who wins four one-day tickets to Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari plus two nights in a King RV at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort.
Have you ever celebrated Christmas in July?
That sounds like a silly question to us – since we’re here in Santa Claus, Indiana, we’re used to hearing Christmas carols every day. Some of us even have Christmas decorations in our offices year-round (guilty!).
Since summer is sliding by more quickly than the latest winner at Jungle Racer, we’re tossing another sweepstakes opportunity your way.
What could you win? Four one-day tickets to Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari plus two overnights in a King RV at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort (right next door to us).
How to enter our “Christmas in July Sweepstakes”? Please read carefully:
- You must be at least 18 years old to enter and 21 to make your King RV reservations. (Overnight accommodations are for Sundays through Thursdays only; not available over Labor Day Weekend.)
- Employees of Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari, Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort, Sun Communities, and Sun RV Resorts (and the immediate family members of employees) are not eligible to enter.
- Use the widget, below, to enter daily. There are lots of options, so you can earn extra entries by posting here on our HoliBlog, tweeting about this sweepstakes, and visiting us on our Facebook pages. The winner – chosen at random – will be emailed the evening of July 24.
- For the “post a comment on the blog” entry option, simply tell us with whom you wish to celebrate Christmas in July. (Our comments are moderated, so as long as the content is HoliFriendly, it will appear soon.)
- By entering our contest, you agree to be added to our e-newsletter list. You may unsubscribe at any time by following the directions in your email.
- Did you know you can subscribe to our HoliBlog so that you receive all of our posts (including contests) by email? If you’re using a desktop computer or tablet, look for the “Subscribe to Blog” sidebar at the top-right corner of this page. On a smartphone? Just scroll down a tiny bit more to find it. Or if you’d like to subscribe, follow, pin, like and review us, head over to our Connect with Us page.
Ready to enter? Of course you are: Simply enter our sweepstakes here from a mobile device; or if you’re using an immobile device, enter by using the widget, below. And not just today – enter daily through Friday, July 24, 2015, at 2pm CDT.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Good luck to all!
… no, we’re not talking about jewels. Holidog visited a baseball diamond this week to throw out the first pitch at a Dubois County Bombers game.
Would that make this (brace yourself) … a diamond in the ruff?
Growing up playing sports, I was encouraged to drink pickle juice during summer practices to help prevent muscle cramping. (Yes, you read that correctly!)
… so the idea of adding pickle juice pops to the menu at Bahari Snacks this season didn’t sound too strange to me.
I love pickles. Always have.
When the opportunity came to taste-test a pickle pop, I gave it a try.
Turns out it tastes exactly like a pickle – only in frozen form.
There are even bits of pickle slices suspended in the frosty goodness.
That’s not to say they’re meant for everyone’s palate.
Recently, we set out to take an entirely non-scientific Pickle Pop Poll in Splashin’ Safari.
Here are the results:
The next time you’re marathoning here on a toasty day, consider a Pickle Pop for cooling off your insides.
What a nice surprise! The Theme Park Insider Awards were just announced – and we won Best New Roller Coaster for 2015!
Or, rather, Thunderbird did …
Reviewing the list of winners, the awards all went to Disney, Universal, Six Flags, and … us.
As a family-owned park for nearly 70 years, our independence means a lot to us.
George the Eagle is wearing a Birthday Button today.
Are you planning to visit on your birthday? Be sure to pick up your free Birthday Button at Guest Relations, In-Park Services, or Splashin’ Safari Guest Relations and wear it all day so we can wish you many happy returns of the day (that’s old-fashioned talk for “Happy Birthday!”).