It’s almost time to Rock the World!
Our headliners: Newsboys, Crowder, Sidewalk Prophets, and Love & the Outcome, will be heading to Santa Claus, Indiana, very soon.
But before we get to the big event, Leah (our chief rocker) and the rest of us wanted to pass along a few pointers to make your day, well – Rock!
So we put our heads together and came up with these tips:
- First of all, be sure your have both a park admission ticket and an event ticket for the day. (And if you’re interested in visiting the park on Saturday, but not staying for the concert, all you need is a regular park admission ticket.)
- We’re in a field! Unless you’re a Premium Access ticket holder, you’ll want to bring your own lawn chairs or blankets for the concert.
- We’re still in a field! You may want to bring your own bug repellent (we’ll have some for sale at the merchandise tent, but if you’re a mosquito magnet, please come prepared!).
- In this case, the Early Bird gets the … spot! The field will open when Holiday World does (10am CDT), so you’ll be able to set your blankets and chairs (no tents or shade structures, please!) down and and enjoy both parks for the rest of the day. Um … Thunderbird, anyone?
- Pace yourself! It’s a long day, but a lot of fun. Be sure to to drink plenty of free water and Gatorade, and take a few breaks during the day.
- Enjoy a few moments in the shade and listen to our daytime Christian Rock artists performing in Hoosier Celebration Theater beginning at 12pm CDT. Check out their performance schedule ahead of time.
- Food! We’ll have great food in our Rock the World Concessions stand, but if you’re hoping for a Thanksgiving Dinner from Plymouth Rock Café, you’ll want to grab it before the park closes! Holiday World will close at 9pm CDT and the concert will continue until 10:15 (weather permitting)!
- Remember why you came! The weather is never quite what we ordered and some things are simply out of our control (if you attended last year, you know what we’re talking about!), let’s not lose sight of what Rock the World is all about.
- Hashtag? Of course! #HWRocks
- Social Media? You bet! Join us for back-stage photos on our Twitter feed and Rock the World Facebook page. Watch the big screen between acts – we might just post your 140 characters!
- Make a weekend of it! Our neighbors at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort offer Rock the World attendees this special discount for Rental RVs, Cabins and Cottages this Friday and Saturday!
- The fun doesn’t have to end once the concert is over! Stay updated on all things Rock the World by following us on Twitter and our Rock the World Facebook page. You can also subscribe to our e-newsletter.
- Do you have any tips – or questions? Please post them below!
Whether you’re a first-time visitor or you’ve attended all four events, we hope you’ll have the time of your life as together we Rock the World!