As part of our 70th Birthday Season, we’re going to create … a Memories Mosaic.
A gigantic mosaic of photos taken in the park over the past seven decades.
And that’s where you come in – would you like your family photos from Santa Claus Land, Holiday World, and Splashin’ Safari to be included?
We sure hope so – because we need about 7,000 photos to fill the space we have picked out. (For more particulars, listen to Episode 2 of the Holiday World Podcast.)
To send us your photos, please first read the following:
- These photos will be used to create a giant mosaic, to be located in Holiday World’s 70th Birthday Plaza, plus a video which will be shared via social media
- To grant us permission to use your photos, please post them on on our Facebook page, using the #HoWoPho hashtag (please be sure to use the hashtag, as that’s what indicates to us we can use your photos); we also have a Santa Claus Land Facebook page
- You can also post your photos on Google+ and Instagram using our #HoWoPho hashtag
- You’re also welcome to tweet us your photo(s), again using the #HoWoPho hashtag (our handle is @HolidayWorld … we also have @SplashinSafari and @SantaClausLand twitter accounts)
- If your accounts on Twitter and/or Instagram are locked in private mode, we won’t be able to find your photos, so please send them to us another way
- We’ve also created a #HoWoPho Pinterest Board for our followers to use
- Do you have decades worth of park photos you’d like to share? Email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’ll set up an easy way to transfer batches of photos
- Please remember to tag us (no matter where you post your photos) with #HoWoPho to give us your permission to use your photos (we’ll also accept #HoWoFo if you’re like me and prefer hashtags with an even number of letters)
How soon do we need these 7,000 photos from 70 years? Our crowdsource deadline is March 11.
Thanks in advance for all the fun we’re going to have looking through all these wonderful photos! Any questions? Please post them below.