It’s podcast day!
As always, here are some illustrations from our hour or so of silliness:
First of all, to celebrate our thirteenth episode, we snacked on some new treats that will appear on the SmokeHouse menu for Happy Halloween Weekends: Fried Apple Pie Bites and …
… Bread Pudding Bites (above). Needless to say, they were consumed with great gusto.
Here are the Bert the Conqueror photos from the “Midwest Mud Fest” episode shoot (which premieres on The Travel Channel on August 2 at 1pm CDT).
To start off, Bert loves Tervis Tumblers with a passion previously unknown to mankind. He scoured our shops to find a different one for each member of his crew. And a Tervis Tumbler managed to photobomb just about every scene shot here over those two days, much to the chagrin of the field producer.
Here’s Bert interviewing Leah and Lauren.
When he discovered he and Lauren share not only an alma mater – but also the school’s “extended program” – they bonded for life.
What did Bert say to get Leah going like this?
And finally, Bert and his new pals:
As we headed into #HoWoPo Feedback, we chatted about Gourdon the Talking Pumpkin and his love of really bad Halloween jokes:
Gourdon’s back with another bit of silly … pic.twitter.com/aUEOksOZue
— Holiday World (@HolidayWorld) October 26, 2015
And … The Foot.
— The Coaster Crew (@Coastercrew) July 24, 2016
And yes, we have another contest:
- You must be at least 18 years old to enter this giveaway.
- Employees of Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari (and our immediate family members) are not eligible to enter.
- During this podcast episode (#013), you will hear this question toward the end: Name Lauren’s alma mater (which was also Bert the Conqueror’s) – and email the answer to us here: email@example.com by 2:30pm CDT on August 10, 2016 and we’ll announce the winner during our next podcast episode. One entry per email address, please. The winner will be chosen at random from all the correct entries and will receive two one-day tickets to the park.
- By entering our contest, you agree to be added to our e-newsletter list. You may unsubscribe at any time by following the directions in your email.
- Did you know you can subscribe to our HoliBlog so that you receive all of our posts (including contests) by email? If you’re using a desktop computer or tablet, look for the “Subscribe to Blog” sidebar at the top-right corner of this page. On a smartphone? Just scroll down a tiny bit more to find it.
Good luck to all!
And finally, one more photo of Bert, proudly waving the ear of corn he pilfered from our corn maze for Happy Halloween Weekends: