Today’s podcast recording felt like the last day of school (for those who remember being overjoyed when that day arrived; I’m not one of them – I used to cry).
We were just … giddy.
Reining in the PodSquad was nearly impossible. But we had a wicked good time and hope you do as well.
Here you go:
Below are the illustrations to go along with our constantly changing topics.
Buckle up – this one’s a wild ride!
Here’s the Planet Coaster video, showing their audio team’s visit at the 5:00 mark:
The video tribute celebrating CoasterRadio’s 10 years of podcasting is like a who’s who of coaster enthusiasts.
Justin surprised us with new menu items – all for Happy Halloween Weekends, which start on September 24.
Eric dug right in …
There’s a chocolate funnel cake (with Oreos and chocolate chips), a Reese’s Pieces funnel cake, and one with maple syrup and bacon. So good!
We couldn’t help but talk about Bert the Conqueror and his Speedo one more time. But I can’t quite bring myself to embed his video appeal (audition?) to Speedo following the news that they might be looking for a new model. #NSFW? Um, you decide.
Rock the World was a joy yet again, but those long, long hours of tear-down after the concert brought about a scary selfie from Lauren, Leah, Ben and John.
It was the 23-hour mark for Lauren. Too much caffeine and too little sleep.
Our very first roller coaster? Watch this:
#FlashbackFriday to our very first roller coaster! @SantaClausLand pic.twitter.com/o6gYEGCppl
— Holiday World (@HolidayWorld) August 19, 2016
Meanwhile, here’s that little “verified” check mark I’m so excited about:
It’s actually a “badge” not a “ball,” now that I look at it in all its blue glory.
Here’s Nathan’s proposed vanity plate for his new car – we approve!
@HolidayWorld I just bought a Prius! Should I? pic.twitter.com/7PDoSetlID — Nathan Slater (@grapeslie) August 25, 2016
Had a little fun with a trending hashtag the other day:
#MakeASongClean Spray It Like You Mean It pic.twitter.com/l6Gcr5acjt
— Holiday World (@HolidayWorld) August 23, 2016
We learned a bit more about Dan The T-Shirt Guy:
airbrushed ones for milestone coasters/parks. See photos #HoWoPo. 500th coaster shirt currently works. (2/2) pic.twitter.com/xED8Dc490O — Dan The T-Shirt Guy (@DanTheTShirtGuy) August 21, 2016
And finally, the latest #HoWoPo tweet from The Coaster Crew:
Checking the mail for our #BlackCatAppreciationDay and #ILoveMyFeetDay presents from our @HolidayWorld #HoWoPo fans! pic.twitter.com/odf5Kjo0f0
— The Coaster Crew (@Coastercrew) August 17, 2016
We finished up with our 70 Degrees of Separation game, a promo code, and … a ticket giveaway!
Read the rules and enter!
- You must be at least 18 years old to enter this giveaway.
- Employees of Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari (and our immediate family members) are not eligible to enter.
- During this podcast episode (#015), you will hear a question toward the end. Simply email your answer to: email@example.com by 2:30pm on September 7, 2016. We’ll announce the winner – chosen at random – during our next podcast episode. (There is no “right” answers, we’re just nosy.)
- By entering our contest, you agree to be added to our e-newsletter list. You may unsubscribe at any time by following the directions in your email.
- Did you know you can subscribe to our HoliBlog so that you receive all of our posts (including contests) by email? If you’re using a desktop computer or tablet, look for the “Subscribe to Blog” sidebar at the top-right corner of this page. On a smartphone? Just scroll down a tiny bit more to find it.
Hope you enjoyed this extended-version podcast! Since today is Dog Day, we’ll take a paws to leave you with one final tweet:
Bark it from the mountaintops – it’s #NationalDogDay! pic.twitter.com/flwUpe8qla
— Holiday World (@HolidayWorld) August 26, 2016
Hello, I ahve tried submitting for the podcast contest from three different email accounts and I get Mailor-Fail email everytime. 🙁 not sure how I can enter the contest now.