SANTA CLAUS, IND.—–Holiday World opens for its 71st season on Saturday, with a new (to the park) family ride. Last fall, park officials decided to restore a classic Calypso ride that delighted riders at another park long ago.
“There are only a handful of these rides left in North America,” says park president Matt Eckert. “Restoring this ride for future generation to enjoy took a lot of research and months of work, but it was a labor of love. We just know families will add Firecracker to their ‘must ride’ list for each visit.”
Visitors this season will also notice:
- New Holidog’s Treehouse play structure for children of all abilities
- New Pick Your Price online ticket discounts, with savings up to $20 per ticket
- International high-dive champion Cesilie Carlton will return to perform in the Dive! show
- Additional free soft drink stations
- New menu and “watch us make your meal” service at the Alamo
- New slide tower for Watubee family water attraction
Both Holiday World and Splashin’ Safari are in the running for Best Park status in a current USA Today poll, which runs through May 22. (Links to vote: http://www.10best.com/awards/travel/best-amusement-park/holiday-world-santa-claus-ind/ and http://www.10best.com/awards/travel/best-outdoor-water-park-2017/splashin-safari-santa-claus-ind/)
Holiday World begins its 71st season on April 29; Splashin’ Safari’s opening day is May 11. For more information, visit HolidayWorld.com or call 1-877-463-2645.
Released: April 28, 2017
Media Contact: Paula Werne, firstname.lastname@example.org