SANTA CLAUS, IND.—–According to USA Today, the best water park in the nation is located in Indiana.
Holiday World’s Splashin’ Safari took top honors in the newspaper’s month-long online voting, which challenged fans to vote for their favorite water park from among 20 nominated for America’s “10 Best” Outdoor Water Parks.
The newspaper reports votes “poured in,” resulting in this Top 10 list:
- Splashin’ Safari – Santa Claus, Ind.
- Lost Island Waterpark – Waterloo, Iowa
- Hurricane Harbor – Atlanta
- Carolina Harbor – Charlotte
- Noah’s Ark – Wisconsin Dells, Wis.
- Schlitterbahn – New Braunfels, Texas
- Water World – Denver
- Dollywood’s Splash Country – Pigeon Forge, Tenn.
- Knott’s Soak City – Buena Park, Calif.
- Legoland Florida Water Park – Winter Haven, Fla.
The national newspaper describes Splashin’ Safari’s Mammoth water coaster as a not-to-miss thrill. As noted in this year’s Guinness Book of World Records, Mammoth is the world’s longest water coaster. At nearly 40 acres, Splashin’ Safari is one of the world’s largest water parks.
A second USA Today poll named the nation’s best amusement parks, with Holiday World taking the #4 spot in the list of well-known parks.
USA Today and USAToday.com have a combined reach of 6.6 million readers.
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari are open daily. For more information, visit HolidayWorld.com or call 1-877-463-2645.
Released: June 1, 2017
Media Contact: Paula Werne, firstname.lastname@example.org