Congratulations to Marlin S. from Westview, Kentucky, and Christie L. from Troy, Missouri. They each win a pair of one-day tickets to Holiday World! Thanks to all who entered and helped us keep cool these past few weeks!
No doubt about it, we’re in the Holidog Days of Summer.
Our playful pup knows how to keep cool on even the toastiest of days.
How can you keep cool and still have a fun day at the park?
Here are some tips:
- Eat breakfast! Get a little something in your stomach before you start your day. And don’t skip meals, even when it’s hot out.
- Start hydrated and stay hydrated. Water is your best bet – four cups an hour is the recommendation. Gatorade is great, too, but balance with lots of water. (Both are free, along with lemonade, ice tea, and carbonated beverages, throughout both parks.) If you aren’t needing to visit the restroom as usual, you’re not drinking enough.
- Pace yourself. In Splashin’ Safari, we have large water slides (you’ll stand in line for these), and also attractions where you can get right into the water with minimal or no wait: Bahari Wave Pool, The Wave, Bahari River and, for smaller children, Safari Sam’s SplashLand, Hyena Springs, Kima Bay and Monsoon Lagoon.
- Apply sunscreen thoroughly and often. Our free sunscreen is 30 SPF; if you need a higher level of protection, please bring your own.
- Super-short haircut (or a little thin on top)? Be sure to run sunscreen on your scalp. Or wear a cap.
- Wear swim shoes. They may not be the most stylish of footwear, but they’ll protect your feet from hot pavement.
What is your best tip? Post it below and you could win two free tickets to Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari!
Before you enter, please read through these instructions and rules:
- You must be at least 18 years old to enter and you must not have won tickets from Holiday World in the past 12 months. Employees of Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari and Koch Development Corporation (and the immediate family members of employees) are not eligible to enter.
- By entering, you agree to be added to our e-newsletter list (you may unsubscribe at any time by following the directions in your email).
- Use the widget, below, to enter daily. There are lots of options, so you can earn extra entries by posting here on our HoliBlog, tweeting about this contest, and visiting us on our Facebook page.
- For the “post a comment on the blog” entry option, simply tell us your best tip for keeping cool. (Our comments are moderated, so as long as the content is HoliFriendly, it will appear soon.)
- Tickets are non-transferable and not for re-sale. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s).
- Did you know you can subscribe to our HoliBlog so that you receive all of our posts (including contests) by email? If you’re using a desktop computer or tablet, look for the “Subscribe to Blog” sidebar at the top-right corner of this page. On a smartphone? Just scroll down a tiny bit more to find it.
Ready to enter? Simply enter our sweepstakes here from a mobile device; or if you’re on a desktop, enter by using the widget, below. And not just today – enter daily through Monday, July 31, 2017, at 2:30pm CDT, when we’ll choose two winners at random.
Thanks in advance for all the great tips for keeping cool – and good luck to all!