At Holiday World, we have four cornerstones: Safety, Service, Cleanliness, and Friendliness.
Today, we’re thinking about one of those cornerstones just a bit differently.
More specifically, we wanted to take a moment to honor those on our staff who have served in the military.
Continuing with a tradition here at the park, it was time to get a photo of our veterans to share. This year, I got to take that picture.
When I asked them to put their hands at their sides for the photo, at least one started searching for the seam on his jeans to properly stand at attention.
The Armed Forces are well-represented here. Our veterans have 35 years of service between them.
Our veterans from left to right:
- Elmer, one of our Maintenance Technicians, served 3 years in the Army
- Korey, one of our Painters, served 4 years in the Navy
- Josh, one of our Roller Coaster Maintenance Technicians, served 4 years in the Marine Corp
- John, our Director of Safety & Security, served 16 years in the Coast Guard
- Billy (not pictured), one of our Maintenance Technicians, served 8 years in the Army.
Thank you to these – and all other veterans – for their service to our country.