Congratulations to our winners: Kayla C. from Louisville, Kentucky, and Jessica H. from Vine Grove, Kentucky. Thanks to all who entered!
Certain foods just taste better in cool weather.
Our menus reflect that.
We add seasonal food items all over the park during Happy Halloween Weekends. From pumpkin funnel cakes to grilled cheese and tomato bisque; pumpkin spice lattes to fried bread pudding bites. Our online menus show all the new choices so you can figure out what you have to try.
You can even visit our Activity Trail to make your own treat. We have Cookie Decorating and Make-Your-Own-S’mores kits that you can pick up during your time in the park.
What do members of our full-time staff recommend? I sent out an email asking “what’s your favorite seasonal food item and why?” Here’s what just a few had to say.
“I look forward to anything pumpkin flavored this time of year, but I guess my favorite is the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Mrs. Klaus’ Kitchen.” -Eric, Attractions
“ALWAYS look forward to the pumpkin funnel cake. It is like having the whole season of fall on a plate.” -Vanessa, HR Trainer
“The pumpkin cheesecake fudge, because it’s rich and flavorful, soft and creamy – it’s a perfect fall confection! Plus the peppermint hot chocolate because it makes me think of colder temperatures and Christmastime, even during Halloween.” -Stephen, Communications
“Without a doubt it would be the brown sugar and cinnamon ice cream! I think about it all summer. I was so excited when it came back! I LOVE food but this is my favorite” -Angie, Guest Services
“This is a hard one! I’m going to have to go with two – I love our Chicken Enchilada Soup at the Alamo and the pumpkin funnel cake at the Funnel Cake Factory. You have to go for the sweet and the savory!” -Matt, President & CEO
Now that we’ve told you what we love, it’s time to hear from you!
We’re giving away two pairs of one-day tickets to Happy Halloween Weekends that can be used during the last two weekends of our 2017 season, both chosen at random. One of the ways you can enter is by letting us know your favorite fall treat!
Before you enter, please read through these instructions and rules:
- You must be at least 18 years old to enter and you must not have won tickets from Holiday World in the past 12 months. Employees of Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari and Koch Development Corporation (and the immediate family members of employees) are not eligible to enter.
- By entering, you agree to be added to our e-newsletter list (you may unsubscribe at any time by following the directions in your email).
- Use the widget, below, to enter daily. There are lots of options, so you can earn extra entries by posting here on our HoliBlog, tweeting about this contest, and visiting us on our Facebook page.
- For the “post a comment on the blog” entry option, simply tell us your favorite fall treat. (Our comments are moderated, so as long as the content is HoliFriendly, it will appear soon.) We’ll choose two winners at random.
- Tickets are for 2017 only; they’re non-transferable and not for re-sale. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s).
- Did you know you can subscribe to our HoliBlog so that you receive all of our posts (including contests) by email? If you’re using a desktop computer or tablet, look for the “Subscribe to Blog” sidebar at the top-right corner of this page. On a smartphone? Just scroll down a tiny bit more to find it.
Ready to go? Enter our sweepstakes here from a mobile device; if you’re on a desktop, enter by using the widget below. You can enter daily through October 16 at 2:30pm CDT, when we’ll email our two winners.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Did you know online tickets for Happy Halloween Weekends are discounted to just $33.99 each for Saturdays and $29.99 for Sundays)?
We hope you get plenty of chances to enjoy all your favorite foods this fall and we’ll see you during Happy Halloween Weekends! Good luck to all!