SANTA CLAUS, IND.—–Holiday World opens for the season on Saturday, with $3.5 million in additions and improvements.
This weekend, Holiday World’s visitors will experience:
- Track improvements and new control system for The Voyage, the world’s second-longest wooden roller coaster
- Newly restored Scarecrow Scrambler, a classic ride added to the park in 1975
- Electric Car Charging Station
- New food items such as Loaded Waffle Fries, Sausage on a Stick, Turkey Bowls, Pulled Pork Sandwiches, 12 ICEE flavors, plus new Daily Deals
- All new entertainment, including a stunt show, musical magic show, and strolling brass band, premiering Memorial Day Weekend
Splashin’ Safari opens for the season on May 10. New additions include:
- Tembo Falls – a water slide complex with eight junior slides, including twisters, a helix, a mini-bowl, and two racing slides
- Tembo Tides – a junior wave pool plus spray features for younger children
- Riverside Retreats – mini cabanas
“We’re adding a fun elephant-themed water-play area for younger children which will open in early June,” says park president Matt Eckert. “Tembo Falls and Tembo Tides are designed for children who are under 54 inches tall, but their older siblings and parents are welcome to enjoy the slides and wave pool with them.”
In the fall, a huge new themed maze will be added to the activities during the park’s Happy Halloween Weekends.
Holiday World opens its 72nd season Saturday. For discount tickets and more information, visit HolidayWorld.com or call 1-800-Go-Santa.
Released: May 3, 2018
Media Contact: Paula Werne, email@example.com