Congratulations to our winner (chosen at random): Stacy D. from Fort Wayne, Indiana. Thanks to all who entered!
The start of summer is just around the corner – let’s celebrate with a new sweepstakes!
But first, a public service announcement:
Please take some steps to Be Cool this summer and you’ll be glad you did!
It’s fun to plan a family day in the sun – but you’ll want to avoid getting overheated, sunburned, or dehydrated. Because that’s just … not cool.
Here are some tips:
- Eat breakfast! Get something good in your stomach before you start your day. And don’t skip meals, even when it’s hot out.
- Start hydrated and stay hydrated. Water is your best bet – four cups an hour is the recommendation. Gatorade is great, too, but balance with lots of water. (Both are free, along with lemonade, ice tea, and carbonated beverages, throughout both parks.) If you aren’t needing to visit the restroom as usual, you’re not drinking enough.
- Pace yourself. In Splashin’ Safari, we have large water slides (you’ll stand in line for these), and also attractions where you can get right into the water with minimal or no wait: Bahari Wave Pool, The Wave, Bahari River and, for smaller children, Safari Sam’s SplashLand, Hyena Springs, Kima Bay and Monsoon Lagoon.
- Apply sunscreen thoroughly and often. Our free sunscreen is 30 and 50 SPF; if you need a higher level of protection, please bring your own.
- Super-short haircut (or a little thin on top)? Be sure to run sunscreen on your scalp. Or wear a cap.
- Wear swim shoes. They may not be the most stylish of footwear, but they’ll protect your feet from hot pavement.
What is your best tip? Post it below and you could win four free tickets to Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari plus two overnights in a Christmas Cabin at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort in July!
And that winner will be chosen at random.
Before you enter, please read through these instructions and rules:
- You must be at least 18 years old to enter. Also, you must not have won tickets from Holiday World in the past 12 months.
- Employees of Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari, Koch Development Corporation, Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort, Sun Communities, and Sun RV Resort (and the immediate family members of employees) are not eligible to enter.
- By entering, you agree to be added to our e-newsletter list (you may unsubscribe at any time by following the directions in your email).
- Use the widget, below, to enter daily. There are lots of options, so you can earn extra entries by posting here on our HoliBlog and tweeting about this sweepstakes. Earn even more entries by following us on Pinterest, and visiting our Facebook pages (we’d love it if you’d leave us a Facebook Review while you’re there!).
- If you win, please note you must be at least 21 to phone in your two-night Rudolph’s Christmas Cabin reservation at Lake Rudolph. Here are the dates the cabin will be available for reservation: July 1 – 31, 2018.
- All prizes are non-transferable and not for re-sale. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s). Each sponsor will distribute respective prizes.
- For the “post a comment on the blog” entry option, simply tell us your favorite tip detailing how to Be Cool this summer. (Our comments are moderated, so as long as the content is HoliFriendly, it will appear soon.)
- Did you know you can subscribe to our HoliBlog so that you receive all of our posts (including contests) by email? If you’re using a desktop computer or tablet, look for the “Subscribe to Blog” sidebar at the top-right corner of this page. On a smartphone? Just scroll down a tiny bit more to find it.
Ready to enter?
Simply enter our sweepstakes here from a mobile device; or if you’re on a desktop, enter by using the widget, below. And not just today – enter daily through Wednesday, June 27, 2018, at 2:30pm CDT, when we’ll email our winner, chosen at random.
Good luck to all!