Longtime employees honored
SANTA CLAUS, IN—–Eight employees at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari were recently honored for their years of service at the world’s first theme park.
“Each year, we present Service Awards to employees who have been with our park family for multiples of five years,” says park president Matt Eckert. “It’s this core of longtime staff members who help to make the transition smooth each spring as our employee numbers swell from 100 to more than 2,000. We’re very fortunate to have them on our team.”
The Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari Service Award recipients are:
- Tom Berg, Carpenter Shop Manager, 40 years – Chrisney, Ind.
- Bethany Bailey, Financial Compliance Manager, 15 years – Winslow, Ind.
- Sean Strahl, Maintenance Planner, 15 years – Boonville, Ind.
- Tony Perkins, Director of Controls & Compliance, 10 years – Lamar, Ind.
- Steven Weedman, IT Systems Administrator, 10 years – Tell City, Ind.
- Andrew Bolen, Supply Chain Manager, 5 years – Rockport, Ind.
- Audrey Grote, Regional Sales Representative, 5 years – Bloomington, Ind.
- James Olliver, Vice President of Park Operations, 5 years – Floyds Knobs, Ind.
Holiday World opens its 73rd season on May 4 with the premiere of Santa’s Merry Marketplace. For information about the parks and job opportunities, visit HolidayWorldJobs.com or call 1-877-463-2645.
Photo, left-right: Steven Weedman, Sean Strahl, Andrew Bolen, Tom Berg, Tony Perkins, Bethany Bailey, James Olliver (not pictured: Audrey Grote)