A text buzzed in on my phone the other evening, with this photo:
VP Eric was in Indianapolis, attending the annual State Tourism Conference. Tuesday evening, Indiana Tourism Association officials announced eight “Best of” marketing awards.
The award for Best Event/Festival went to …
… Happy Halloween Weekends!
In announcing our award, the emcee sharing some of the notes provided by the judges, all from out of state. The comments referenced our Happy Halloween Weekends marketing as “smart and well-executed.”
Frank can barely contain his delight.
Eric is pleased as well.
The award itself is pretty cool. It probably comes as no surprise that it’s made in Indiana. (Handmade, actually.) The company, Kokomo Opalescent Glass, has been around since 1888.
Here’s the complete list of winners:
· Visitors Guide – Kosciusko County Convention and Visitors Bureau
· Cooperative Partnership (Marketing Budgets under $300,000) – Northern Indiana Tourism Development Commission
· Cooperative Partnership (Marketing Budgets over $300,000) – Elkhart County Convention and Visitors Bureau
· Digital Marketing Campaign (Marketing Budgets under $300,000) – French Lick Resort
· Digital Marketing Campaign (Marketing Budgets over $300,000) – Evansville Convention & Visitors Bureau
· Tourism Website – Visit Wabash County
· Event/Festival – Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari
· Leisure Marketing Campaign – Hamilton County Tourism, Inc.
Congrats to our fellow award recipients from around the state!
Our Happy Halloween Weekends event may be half a year away, but it’s not too soon to plan witch weekend you’d like to visit!
Would you like to receive HoliBlog notices – along with news releases and sweepstakes – by email? Sign up here and you can choose whether to receive the emails weekly or the same day the blog posts are published. Thank you!