SANTA CLAUS, IND.—–According to USA Today, the best water park in the nation is located in Indiana.
Holiday World’s Splashin’ Safari took top honors in the newspaper’s month-long online voting, which challenged fans to vote for their favorite water park from among 20 nominated for America’s “10 Best” Outdoor Water Parks.
The newspaper reports votes “poured in,” resulting in this Top 10 list:
- Splashin’ Safari Water Park – Santa Claus, Ind.
- Lost Island Waterpark – Waterloo, Iowa
- Dollywood’s Splash Country – Pigeon Forge, Tenn.
- Cowabunga Bay – Henderson, Nev.
- Aquatica Orlando – Orlando, Fla.
- Schlitterbahn New Braunfels – New Braunfels, Texas
- Water World – Denver, Colo.
- Rapids Water Park – Riviera Beach, Fla.
- Adventure Island – Tampa, Fla.
- Hurricane Harbor – Austell, Ga.
The national newspaper features Splashin’ Safari’s Mammoth water coaster. As certified by Guinness World Records, Mammoth is the world’s longest water coaster. At nearly 40 acres, Splashin’ Safari is one of the world’s largest water parks.
A second USA Today poll named the best roller coasters, with The Voyage ranking among the top 10.
USA Today and USAToday.com have a combined reach of 6.6 million readers.
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari are open daily and will be hosting patriotic firework shows Thursday, July 4 and Friday, July 5 at 9:00 pm CDT. For more information, visit HolidayWorld.com or call 1-877-463-2645.