Quick Tips for a hot day:
- Start with a healthy breakfast
- Bring an empty water bottle so you can keep a lot of water around all day
- Free unlimited sunscreen is unlimited–take advantage of it!
- Go light on the soft drinks–stick to mostly water and add some Gatorade
- Make sure you keep eating (check out our menus page so you can pick out some food that looks more appealing on a hot day such as a wrap or fruit salad at Wildebeestro)
- Slow down your pace a little to avoid exhaustion
Pro Tips for a hot day:
- Know your air conditioned spaces at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari: between our gift shops, Santa’s Merry Marketplace, and Gobbler Getaway, there are a few options (there’s even an air-conditioned dining area near Sam’s BBQ)
- Even if it’s hot, wear a t-shirt for maximum comfort–it’ll help protect against sunburn and hot surfaces
- Avoid the crowds by heading into the naturally-shaded dry park around 3:00pm–wait times are shortest around that time and you can take some refreshing rounds on Raging Rapids and Frightful Falls
- Wait until the end of the day to cool off with an ice cream or an Icee
Would you like to receive HoliBlog notices – along with news releases and sweepstakes – by email? Sign up here and you can choose whether to receive the emails weekly or the same day the blog posts are published.