Summer is finally here, and the kids are out of school!
If you are like me, you already have a few trips to Holiday World planned for the summer.
My boys, ages four and seven, are always excited to take the short trip from Owensboro to Santa Claus for the day. We love to spend the first part of the day in Holiday World, then head over to Splashin’ Safari for the rest of the day.
They already made a list of their top rides and slides to go on this summer. My seven-year old is finally tall enough to ride the roller coasters, so we are making sure to hit all the coasters in the park to find the one he likes the most. I am ready to go on my favorite, The Voyage. My four-year old isn’t quite big enough to ride the roller coasters, but he is really looking forward to riding the Raging Rapids and my childhood favorite, Frightful Falls.
Something I have found really helpful is making a list of the items to take with us inside the park. I don’t want to overpack and have to lug around unnecessary items. And believe me – overpacking is my jam. So, I like to keep it to a minimum. Below a list of what I bring with me when my family and I visit the park.
What to pack for your trip
For the adults in the family:
- Swimsuit: You can’t go to Holiday World without making a stop by Splashin’ Safari. For maximum efficiency, wear your swim suit to the park under your street clothes.
- Towel: Make sure you have a towel to dry off after your day of fun.
- Backpack or waterproof bag: You need a place to store your towels and keep your phone and cards.
- Cash or credit card: There are multiple restaurants and snack stands around the park where you can sit, relax, and enjoy some food. Gluten free meals and snacks are also available.
- Phone: You will want to document all the fun you are having. Don’t forget to tag Holiday World in your photos!
For the kids:
- Swimsuit: Your little ones will be ready to head over to Splashin’ Safari and enjoy some water time.
- Stroller or wagon: Standard sized strollers and wagons are allowed at the park. There is also an option to rent a stroller or wagon at St. Nick’s Rentals just inside the front gate.
- Towels: The kids will need to dry off after a dip in the wave pool.
For the nursing or pumping mom:
- You can bring your pump with you! There’s a designated air-conditioned Mother’s room inside the First Aid building in Splashin’ Safari. There is even a fridge where you can store your milk for the day.
Don’t worry about packing
- Sunscreen: Don’t worry about packing bottles of sunscreen. It is free at the park!
- Drinks: They offer free soft drinks, as well as water, Gatorade, and some other caffeine-free options when the kids have had too much sugar.
- Money for parking: Parking is always free!
I hope my tips helped you make the most out of your day! You are now fully prepared to enjoy the fun that happens at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari each summer!
This blog post was written by HoliBlogger Jamie J.
Jamie Johnson is a blogger based in Owensboro, Kentucky. She has two sons, Henry and Simon, and a husband, Logan. Jamie works full-time as a business consultant. She loves her family, Holiday World, ham sandwiches, and Diet Mountain Dew.
Great place to visit!
We are going in July. Our 1st time! Can’t wait!
Coming to Holiday World was a tradition in my family growing up. It’s great we get to keep the tradition alive with our kids!
Can’t wait to go!
I can’t forget my wallet!
Great blog and great tips!!
I can’t forget my comfy clothes to Wear over my bathing suit so I can go back and forth from both parks!
Love holiday world!
I can’t forget to pack battery packs for our phones
I love the voyage
Our kids would love to come celebrate their Birthdays!
I have loved Holiday World since I was a little girl! We went every summer. Now,‘I have two girls of my own and I love sharing this experience with them!
I can’t forget to pack baby wipes and boogie wipes
Never been. We plan on going in July
I can’t forget my daughters glasses and to charge up all our devices for this trip
Can’t wait to go ! Such a fun place to visit
I can’t forget to bring comfortable shoes!
I absolutely love Holiday World! Clean, safe, and fun environment!
Never been here. 1st time ever hearing about. Looking forward to myvisit.
What great ideas, especially for the younger kids visiting! We use many of these tips and tricks and they all make for such an easy and fun visit!
I can’t forget to pack the wagon!
Thanks for the tips!
Can’t wait to visit this year!
I can’t forget to bring all my debit cards
I’m definitely not going to forget to pack towels
Such great tips! I like to bring my fanny pack to carry all my goodies around both parks! It’s also great to bring a portable charger in case your phone dies. 🙂
A pair of flip flops/swim shoes/slides are essential for the splash park. The concrete is hot on the soles of the feet. A light weight cover can help too for the sun. The sunscreen provided is 50 SPF. For scooter riders the seat can get very hot even though it is light grey vinyl.
Hi there! Thanks for your tips! One question,, are there any lockers at Holliday World to keep your backpack in while having so much fun??!!
We do have lockers! You can see more information on our website here: https://www.holidayworld.com/help-information/rules-services/#lockers
I live in French lick Indiana i would love nothing more then to get 3 to ticket’s to holiday world for me and my family. Please ??